The Reaction of an LT Owner Driving an SS - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Chevy Cobalt Owners Lounge General Chevy Cobalt discussion

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-09-2013, 11:12 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Cool The Reaction of an LT Owner Driving an SS

Lmfao ok so ending today I've worked at this dealers auction in a town close by to me and had the privilege of actually driving a 2009 SS.

Now I've driven one before, on a test drive, but couldn't really get a feel for it because the salesman was being a dick since I'm young, but whatever.

I made up for it today :p

https://www.facebook.com/video/embed...13646978664166

Was happier driving this then the Ford F350, Mustang GT, and all of the Buicks and BMW's combined, not because It's a better car, but because I've been dying to rip it across the parking lot :p

Edit: and here's some other pics from my job

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=ffaf96fd1a

Last edited by ellatica; 04-09-2013 at 11:16 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-09-2013, 11:41 AM
Levee
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member
Admin

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Leveecius
It's a completely different car isn't it?

'09 SS/TC - Stolen
Mods - Injen CAI, CIA MAF Relocate CP's, Dejon FMIC,
Custom 3" DP, 3" Exhaust, GT3076R, Pioneer AVH-4100DVD, Hurst STS, ZZP triple pod, Autometer Cobalt boost/DPIC/WB gauges, Nitto NT05 245/40/18's, H&R Springs, 80:20 Meth Spray
Future - KSport Kontrol Pro Coilovers, 10% Tint, FMIC spray
538whp/501wtq @38 psi on meth and 93 oct on stock ish motor

06 EVO IX MR/SE - Sold
Mods - *Updated 10/6/13* AEM TRUboost EBC, 4in custom TBE, SD dual 93/e85 tune, ETS 4in Race Core FMIC, Dual Aeromotive 400lph Fuel Pumps, T4 Tubular Manifold w/ dual WG's, FP Super99HTZ DBB Turbo, GSC 274 mivec cams, ARP headstuds/rod studs, FIC 2150cc Injectors, Aeromotive FPR, Aeromotive Fuel Rail, catch can, Mini Battery Kit, Slim Coolant Fan, Kiggly Racing high pressure valve Springs/Titanium Retainers, Supertech Stainless Steel Valves, Dual VTA Tial 44mm WG's, 4g64 Stroker Manley Pistons, 155mm 2.4 LR Manley Turbo Plus I Beam Rods with ARP 625 Studs, 100mm forged non-billet Manley Crankshaft, Full H/E PNP with Port Matching, Kiggly Racing Girdle, Dual Tial 50mm BOV's, Excedy Triple Disc Carbon HD Clutch, AEM EMS

'95 Ram 2500 Diesel
Mods - 5in TBE, Boost Elbow set to 28psi, Adjusted fuel pump, Open Turbo.

Future Mods- Super Street Clutch (rated @1400ftlbs tq), 67mm turbo, 160lb valve springs, added timing, tubular exhaust manifold, larger injectors, possible 6 spd swap.

Master ASE Certified Gasoline/Diesel Technician since 2004

Speed Junkies Social Group

Yourcobalt Official Facebook Page!

Syndicate of Tuners Official Page! Up and going again as of 1/11/13

Click here to PM me if you have questions or issues!
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-09-2013, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leveecius View Post
It's a completely different car isn't it?
It just has soo much more feel to it, and a lot more low end punch, it's beautiful

I can't wait to do my suspension and everything, if I can get it to handle like that I wouldn't leave my car. I'm only keeping my Auto LT until I move out in a couple years so I'm setting some cash aside so I can trade up to a 2010 SS and switch over my upgrades to make the most out of them

The full time job I start on Thursday is assembling Police Dodge Chargers and other Police/Security cars so I'm pretty pumped for that to :p
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-09-2013, 11:54 AM
Levee
Admin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellatica View Post
It just has soo much more feel to it, and a lot more low end punch, it's beautiful

I can't wait to do my suspension and everything, if I can get it to handle like that I wouldn't leave my car. I'm only keeping my Auto LT until I move out in a couple years so I'm setting some cash aside so I can trade up to a 2010 SS and switch over my upgrades to make the most out of them

The full time job I start on Thursday is assembling Police Dodge Chargers and other Police/Security cars so I'm pretty pumped for that to :p
What upgrades are you going to be switching?

'09 SS/TC - Stolen
Custom 3" DP, 3" Exhaust, GT3076R, Pioneer AVH-4100DVD, Hurst STS, ZZP triple pod, Autometer Cobalt boost/DPIC/WB gauges, Nitto NT05 245/40/18's, H&R Springs, 80:20 Meth Spray

06 EVO IX MR/SE - Sold
Mods - *Updated 10/6/13* AEM TRUboost EBC, 4in custom TBE, SD dual 93/e85 tune, ETS 4in Race Core FMIC, Dual Aeromotive 400lph Fuel Pumps, T4 Tubular Manifold w/ dual WG's, FP Super99HTZ DBB Turbo, GSC 274 mivec cams, ARP headstuds/rod studs, FIC 2150cc Injectors, Aeromotive FPR, Aeromotive Fuel Rail, catch can, Mini Battery Kit, Slim Coolant Fan, Kiggly Racing high pressure valve Springs/Titanium Retainers, Supertech Stainless Steel Valves, Dual VTA Tial 44mm WG's, 4g64 Stroker Manley Pistons, 155mm 2.4 LR Manley Turbo Plus I Beam Rods with ARP 625 Studs, 100mm forged non-billet Manley Crankshaft, Full H/E PNP with Port Matching, Kiggly Racing Girdle, Dual Tial 50mm BOV's, Excedy Triple Disc Carbon HD Clutch, AEM EMS

'95 Ram 2500 Diesel

Future Mods- Super Street Clutch (rated @1400ftlbs tq), 67mm turbo, 160lb valve springs, added timing, tubular exhaust manifold, larger injectors, possible 6 spd swap.

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-09-2013, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Quote:
What upgrades are you going to be switching?
My speakers, future amp, future sub, future head unit, future painted interior, short antenna, possibly future FE5 struts and shocks depending on condition of the two and if I decide to only switch them after the SS ones need replacement, future lowering springs, my new battery, future weather tech digi fit mats...

.. and yea thats all I can think of right now :p I figure if I'm going to do this sooner than I thought I may avoid performance upgrades I cant take with me, but I might get something to enjoy if I get the urge but I'd want to dyno tune my car if I got a CAI and stage 2 exhaust so maybe :p
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-09-2013, 12:11 PM
Levee
Admin

Garage
I would save the performance upgrade money for the SS. Just my opinion, and I'd also go with the 09 SS.. The RPD's don't really like to work to accurately after being tuned. Just my $.02

'09 SS/TC - Stolen

06 EVO IX MR/SE - Sold

'95 Ram 2500 Diesel

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-09-2013, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Quote:
I would save the performance upgrade money for the SS. Just my opinion, and I'd also go with the 09 SS.. The RPD's don't really like to work to accurately after being tuned. Just my $.02
Ahaha that is why I feel like that would be a better idea, honestly I'll probably just end up painting the latter half of my exhaust black with a high thermal paint and leave it at that.

Would tail/head lights switch between a coupe 09 lt and ss?

Ok cool I'll definitely look into them when I trade up, but just curious, what does RPD stand for?
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-09-2013, 12:28 PM
Levee
Admin

Garage
Yes, the healights would be a direct swap. And the tails would be a swap too if it was from 2dr to 2dr, or 4dr to 4dr (as they did make 4dr ss turbos )

RPD stands for Remote Performance Display. All 2010 SS's came with them. It is the 4in LCD square gauge that gives a lot of information regarding your performance of the SS. They are a great design and work great, until you tune your car. Then they start getting errors. A little tweaking from GM on them and they would be SUPERB! If your car has one, don't try to swap it to a regular round gauge, or the other way around. The entire dash wiring harness (which is $485 btw) is completely different from the ones that have the RPD and the ones that don't.

'09 SS/TC - Stolen

06 EVO IX MR/SE - Sold

'95 Ram 2500 Diesel

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-09-2013, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Quote:
Yes, the healights would be a direct swap. And the tails would be a swap too if it was from 2dr to 2dr, or 4dr to 4dr (as they did make 4dr ss turbos )

RPD stands for Remote Performance Display. All 2010 SS's came with them. It is the 4in LCD square gauge that gives a lot of information regarding your performance of the SS. They are a great design and work great, until you tune your car. Then they start getting errors. A little tweaking from GM on them and they would be SUPERB! If your car has one, don't try to swap it to a regular round gauge, or the other way around. The entire dash wiring harness (which is $485 btw) is completely different from the ones that have the RPD and the ones that don't.
Ohh that's dope! Well I'll still look into both years and take that into account, at that point I'm more interested in finding the best condition/lowest km white SS I can find
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-09-2013, 12:42 PM
Levee
Admin

Garage
gotcha, that's understandable. the 09 will probably have more Km's, but will be cheaper. So I guess it's a toss up on what is more imporatant to you. Km's or Price.

'09 SS/TC - Stolen

06 EVO IX MR/SE - Sold

'95 Ram 2500 Diesel

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode