Well... Cobalt Driving Days Are Over! - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Chevy Cobalt Owners Lounge General Chevy Cobalt discussion

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
Gawd of Thunda!
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Send a message via Skype™ to SpeedyCobalt
Well... Cobalt Driving Days Are Over!

Well,, Finally had it with insurance companies and everything else and just couldn't keep going with these 412$ insurance payments.. Said screw it paid the premium and am now uninsured and will most likely stay this way at least until next summer when the snow melts. My car will of course be in a garage untill then, And I will be using the 410$ I am saving each month to catch up on bills and pay off my debts that I accumulated over these past 4 months of not working.

This isn't the last of me though! I ain't giving up on my car, I will have it in a garage on blocks, and will be doing a complete body job, especially the frame, removing rust and painting it, there wont be any more rust on m car, the hood will be redone, and engine pulled and sandblasted etc... Hell might even use the 410 I am saving a month and build a turbo build!

Anyways, just felt like saying my driving days for my cobalt are over for now, screw you insurance companies, bunch of crooked thieves. And hello to a big paper weight in a garage!

2005 Stealth grey metallic 2DR Standard Base Model
2006 Burnt Orange 2DR Standard SS
MY SHOWOFF THREAD

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 01:44 PM
Super Moderator
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Garage
Garaging a car is dangerous. More reason to rip it apart and start big projects! lol keep us posted.

05 Mitsubishi Evolution 8
05 Chevy Cobalt LS (RIP 7/13/2013)
99 Nissan Altima GXE (Daily)
99 Subaru Legacy (Daily)
07 Jeep Liberty Limited (No longer the tow truck for the balt )

If you have questions and I'm not on please PM, notifications go straight to my phone 24/7.

My Showoff
Join YC on FB
Syndicate of Tuners.com
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
sorry to hear that but bills come first!

WA636R - Switchblade Silver Mt 09 Sedan LT 2.2L LAP......Auto!

MODS:Fe5 TC Shock + Struts\Moog Endlinks\YYZ V1 Springs\SC Gunmetal Wheels. Badmab Shorty Header\GMPP Performance Exhaust\ZZP 2.5 Catted DP\K&N Drop-in filter\High Flow Intake Tube. Gen4 Headlights\6K Low Beam HID\LED 3rd Brake Light\LED Turn Signals,Plate,Trunk, Dome, Reverse, Side-marker\ Debadge "LT" & GM fender badges\Shorty Antenna

Join YC.com on Facebook! Like YC.com on facebook too!
post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
Gawd of Thunda!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbalts View Post
Garaging a car is dangerous. More reason to rip it apart and start big projects! lol keep us posted.
Yup that;s for sure! Especially with an extra 410$ being left in my pocket! The ideas... oh the ideas going through my head..

MY SHOWOFF THREAD

post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 02:36 PM
Staff Alumni

Garage
Jesus, that's insane. Is it bc of your record, age, or just Canada? I only pay $200 a month. Better stick around though!

Galaxy S3
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
Gawd of Thunda!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevimac'sCobalt View Post
Jesus, that's insane. Is it bc of your record, age, or just Canada? I only pay $200 a month. Better stick around though!

Galaxy S3
Id say a mix of my age and record. 3 minor tickets, 1 no seatbelt, 1 rolling stop and 1 10km over..

apparently that's considered high risk..

MY SHOWOFF THREAD

post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 04:37 PM
Veteran

Garage
I went without insurance for a while when I was in college and wasn't driving. When I went back to get instance again, they charged me a monthly "fee" for at least a year since I was uninsured previously. They get their money out of us one way or another.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 05:34 PM
Staff Alumni

Jeez, I feel bad for you. I also have three tickets, 1. 86mph in a 65, was reduced to a seat belt violation, 2. 92 in 55 was reduced to 66 in 55, 2 points and $100 dollar fine, and 3. 46 in a 30 reduced to parking on pavement. I also have a claim from when I hit a deer and did $1500 in damage to the balt. My insurance is $177 a month, and I'm 21, unmarried. I don't understand how you would have a $400 a month insurance bill.

post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 06:21 PM
Forum Regular

Garage
wow, I pay $420 per year, full coverage.....course I'm 54, clear record....
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
Gawd of Thunda!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac View Post
Jeez, I feel bad for you. I also have three tickets, 1. 86mph in a 65, was reduced to a seat belt violation, 2. 92 in 55 was reduced to 66 in 55, 2 points and $100 dollar fine, and 3. 46 in a 30 reduced to parking on pavement. I also have a claim from when I hit a deer and did $1500 in damage to the balt. My insurance is $177 a month, and I'm 21, unmarried. I don't understand how you would have a $400 a month insurance bill.
What the serious ****! Either your one lucky person or, I want to live where you are! So many reductions! These cops here are idiots, they dont reduce tickets they give you higher tickets. The 10 over was for them to investigate me on drug trafficking... and the 2nd was when i first got my standard going up and down a hill practicing to drive on a hill...

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rains_crusader View Post
I went without insurance for a while when I was in college and wasn't driving. When I went back to get instance again, they charged me a monthly "fee" for at least a year since I was uninsured previously. They get their money out of us one way or another.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Yup like I said, insurance companies are just crooked thieves. The only problem is they are smart thieves. not dumb ones..

MY SHOWOFF THREAD

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode