RIP Passenger Side =\ - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Chevy Cobalt Owners Lounge General Chevy Cobalt discussion

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-28-2013, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

RIP Passenger Side =\

Today I had my first wreck ever! The woman that hit me was on her cell phone and got into my lane and hit my passenger side fender. Now my passenger side door wont open and my new Konig rims are scuffed up and there is rubbing when I turn left. My question is.. if you have full coverage (which I do), does it cover aftermarket headlights and rims?

I feel so vulnerable now! This is the first car I ever bought on my own and it my baby! I can't do anything until the police report is finished which takes 3-5 days!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-28-2013, 06:43 PM
Forum Regular

pretty sure it doesn't cover aftermarket parts...at least mine didnt

post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-28-2013, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

crap =\ well i kno wit will cover a new tire and i can buffer out the scuffs on the rims i guess... maybe i will have some money left to replace the headlight
post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-28-2013, 06:55 PM
Cobalt Master
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt of the Quarter Winner
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Nope no insurance covers aftermarket parts only stock they would fix your stock lights and fender but will not fix your rim you could sand it and repaint
post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-28-2013, 06:57 PM
Cobalt Master

i guess it all depends on who you go thru for your insurance, ive heard of people that had aftermarket stuff covered and people who havent. Not sure how insurance works in KY but if the other woman is at fault her insurance should cover it.
About 2 years ago i hit some guys truck that my brother works with dropping him off and insurance covered my aftermarket headlights and the aftermarket grill on the other guys truck.... his hood went straight thru my headlight....

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

oh, and got any pics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
Speed isn't everything. Sometimes, you just need a little style and flare in your motoring.
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-28-2013, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

dang wow
well they say KY is a no fault state but as soon as I called my insurance they asked me who was at fault?! but yea she is at fault. if i cant get a new rim thats okay, it just makes me mad bc i just got them in feburary!

i will download some pics shortly
post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-28-2013, 07:00 PM
Cobalt Master

Well the whole no fault thing makes no sense to me.... MI is a no fault state too...

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

and 3-5 days for a police report? I had the police report and stopped at a body shop to get a quote faxed to my agent the same day. had my check in less than 5 days..

Quote:
Speed isn't everything. Sometimes, you just need a little style and flare in your motoring.
post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-28-2013, 07:02 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

what realy? wow! i guess KY just sucks. cop said i had to wait 3-5 days! Ain't no body got time for that!
post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-28-2013, 07:11 PM
Cobalt Master
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt of the Quarter Winner
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

This is were u sue the women xp lmao

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

Csuse she was on the phone while driving against the law lol but I do it all the tiiiiimmme

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

But yea there only gonna cover all the body and paint and stock headlight
post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-28-2013, 07:12 PM
Cobalt Master

well keep us posted and don't forget pics!!! I would really love to know about the aftermarket parts being covered or not. Im pretty sure that since the aftermarket stuff in my situation was cheaper than new OEM may have influenced it being covered though....

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode