Where to Find Power Window Motor? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Chevy Cobalt Owners Lounge General Chevy Cobalt discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-26-2013, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Where to Find Power Window Motor?

The drivers side rear window won't go down anymore. Been like this for a few months. Glad it never got stuck in the down position. Just haven't had time to really go look for one. I'm not out to spend alot cause who knows if it will happen again. I already had the drivers side front window die on me, but car was under warranty. So this time around it will be a self fix. Probably going to see if any junkyards might have one or maybe ebay.

But is this repair a easy fix, I'm thinking if it gets done it will be a "have the part, take door apart and fix it kind of deal" Not going to check to see if that's the issue and then ride around without a door panel til I get the part. Cause I can't think of any other reason why it won't go down, plus you can't hear a motor going when that button is pushed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-26-2013, 03:34 PM
Gawd of Thunda!
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Send a message via Skype™ to SpeedyCobalt
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws_1984 View Post
The drivers side rear window won't go down anymore. Been like this for a few months. Glad it never got stuck in the down position. Just haven't had time to really go look for one. I'm not out to spend alot cause who knows if it will happen again. I already had the drivers side front window die on me, but car was under warranty. So this time around it will be a self fix. Probably going to see if any junkyards might have one or maybe ebay.

But is this repair a easy fix, I'm thinking if it gets done it will be a "have the part, take door apart and fix it kind of deal" Not going to check to see if that's the issue and then ride around without a door panel til I get the part. Cause I can't think of any other reason why it won't go down, plus you can't hear a motor going when that button is pushed.

I just did a power window conversion, used to have manual windows. Anyways I got my motors from the scrapyard, not to sure on sedans, on how they price, I'd imagine a bit cheaper. but ya junkyar dor ebay is your best bet. And it'll be a simple fix, I beleive its only remove doorpanel and 3 bolts and your good.

2005 Stealth grey metallic 2DR Standard Base Model
2006 Burnt Orange 2DR Standard SS
MY SHOWOFF THREAD

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-27-2013, 09:09 PM
Forum Regular

Garage
Try your local junkyard, or car-part.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page