Hi everyone !
You might remember me from this thread: https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/new...first-car.html
But if you don't, long story short: I bought a 2005 Cobalt as my first car and crashed it 36 days later. Since September, I'm stuck with $500 automatic '99 Honda Civic and decided it's time to get back to the Cobalt world because I miss mine so much.
So here it is, I'm buying a new Cobalt soon, but since it wouldn't make sense to buy the same trim level as my old one, I want to aim higher.
My old 'Balt was a 2005 LS sedan, with the 2.2L L61 engine. It didn't had fogs nor sunroof, and had 4 nuts wheels.
I'm aiming for at least 2007 (because they retuned the engines) and preferably under 150 000km (so I'm sure to not have much problems with it from the start) and 5 nuts for the convenience and also to fit parts from a SS :P
If I buy an SS, it's gonna be the 2.4L LE5 (I don't have the budget for S/C or T/C) and if I go into LS or LT (which ever is the best trim between the two) I'll go for sedan because I find the non-SS coupe really ugly.
But, where your advice is needed, friends, is for the following questions:
- What's the difference between the L61 and the LAP ? Apart for HP and Torque, that is.
- Does the 2.4L SS have stock Brembo brakes ?
- If I take the LE5, I've seen that the F23 tranny cannot take more than 170 lb/ft of Torque... It has 161 stock and my plans for my future Cobalt is to tune the engine and some other mods that will probably make it go higher than 170. Will I risk destroying the tranny ? Is it possible to put the F35 on a LE5 ? How much would it cost ?
- Is there any difference between the sedan and the coupe apart from the fact that they are different body types ?
- Is it possible to install the fogs on a Cobalt that don't have them stock ? Is it costly ?
I've also been considering other options than a Cobalt, mainly 2004-2009 Mazda 3 GT (with the 2.3L) and 2003+ Saab 9-3. What are your opinion on these cars ? I've heard that Mazda rust a lot and that the electric system of the Saab 9-3 is shit...
Thanks for your answers in advance ! :D
Have a great day everyone !