FAQ's for Everything! (CAR RELATED ONLY) - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Chevy Cobalt Owners Lounge General Chevy Cobalt discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-13-2014, 12:06 PM Thread Starter
Levee
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Leveecius
FAQ's for Everything! (CAR RELATED ONLY)

Hey guys, well it seems as tho we have a LOT of people who ask the same questions all the time, so why not make it easier for people to just look here first? Might be helpful. These FAQ's are for the things asked the most about the cars, NOT the site. I will start it for you.

1. What all do I need to supercharge my 2.2 or 2.4?

A. This list here (updated whenever we can) has everything you need and the discussion on this topic to supercharge your 2.2/2.4 [/color][/b]

https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/eng...2-2-2-4-a.html

2. What all do I need to Turbocharge my 2.2 or 2.4?

A. Here is a topic/thread that already covers this.

https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/eng...-your-car.html

3. I'm new to modding cars, but I want something more out of my car, what should I get?

A. This answer is really easy and is probably the most COMMONLY asked question here. This is a thread for a person just starting out to learn what each part does better for your car performance wise. (Appearance mods you should just ask, as everyone has their own opinions on them)

https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/eng...-mod-list.html

4. I read the starter mods guide, and started looking at parts. They are expensive. I'm in High School or College, anything I can do that might be a little cheaper?

A. Yep! Check this out

https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/che...han-100-a.html

5. How can I find out what my car came with from the factory?

A. Well, this is actually pretty easy. I'll do some quotes and a link.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coby7 View Post
RPO list is in the trunk under the mat to the left of the spare tire. Then you can go on a site like http://www.longroof.info/pdf/rpo.pdf to see what the codes translate to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyCustSvc View Post
You can also private message me your VIN and email address for me to send you your build sheet.

Chevrolet Customer Care
Here is a link to the RPO Codes : https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/che...rpo-codes.html

6. My check engine light is on, what do I do?

A. Well you have options. You can take it to a dealer, or a tuner, or to ANY parts stores and they will be scan your computer and give you the fault codes for the check engine light. They will come with a letter and a 4 digit number (ex. P0420). This code will tell you what is causing this light to turn on. You take that code and match it with the one on this link.

https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/pro...-cel-list.html

Anything you don't see here please ask us to add it or if you're a staff member, just add it

'09 SS/TC - Stolen
Mods - Injen CAI, CIA MAF Relocate CP's, Dejon FMIC,
Custom 3" DP, 3" Exhaust, GT3076R, Pioneer AVH-4100DVD, Hurst STS, ZZP triple pod, Autometer Cobalt boost/DPIC/WB gauges, Nitto NT05 245/40/18's, H&R Springs, 80:20 Meth Spray
Future - KSport Kontrol Pro Coilovers, 10% Tint, FMIC spray
538whp/501wtq @38 psi on meth and 93 oct on stock ish motor

06 EVO IX MR/SE - Sold
Mods - *Updated 10/6/13* AEM TRUboost EBC, 4in custom TBE, SD dual 93/e85 tune, ETS 4in Race Core FMIC, Dual Aeromotive 400lph Fuel Pumps, T4 Tubular Manifold w/ dual WG's, FP Super99HTZ DBB Turbo, GSC 274 mivec cams, ARP headstuds/rod studs, FIC 2150cc Injectors, Aeromotive FPR, Aeromotive Fuel Rail, catch can, Mini Battery Kit, Slim Coolant Fan, Kiggly Racing high pressure valve Springs/Titanium Retainers, Supertech Stainless Steel Valves, Dual VTA Tial 44mm WG's, 4g64 Stroker Manley Pistons, 155mm 2.4 LR Manley Turbo Plus I Beam Rods with ARP 625 Studs, 100mm forged non-billet Manley Crankshaft, Full H/E PNP with Port Matching, Kiggly Racing Girdle, Dual Tial 50mm BOV's, Excedy Triple Disc Carbon HD Clutch, AEM EMS

'95 Ram 2500 Diesel
Mods - 5in TBE, Boost Elbow set to 28psi, Adjusted fuel pump, Open Turbo.

Future Mods- Super Street Clutch (rated @1400ftlbs tq), 67mm turbo, 160lb valve springs, added timing, tubular exhaust manifold, larger injectors, possible 6 spd swap.

Master ASE Certified Gasoline/Diesel Technician since 2004

Speed Junkies Social Group

Yourcobalt Official Facebook Page!

Syndicate of Tuners Official Page! Up and going again as of 1/11/13

Click here to PM me if you have questions or issues!

Last edited by Leveecius; 05-13-2014 at 12:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-04-2015, 12:08 AM
Newcomer

10 Cobolt transnition acts like brake in lower gears.

New to this so if this is the wrong place to ask please direct me where to post.

10 Cobalt auto transmission acts like brake in lower gear and hard shifts at 4000RPM but frees up in high gear but at 65mpy runs 1200 more rpm(3500) than normal. This happened on a 400 mile trip but when I stopped at a truck stop to check fluid level. Car idled for about ten minutes while I looked for dipstick and found in book you can't check it. I decided to try to get it hame (70 more miles) but it started working correctly when I drove off. Has anyone experienced this? What can be cause?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-04-2015, 09:14 AM
Expert

Garage
I'm sure someone will end up answering your question here, but if not, try searching through or starting a new thread in the Transmission Forum.

Transmission - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts

Welcome to the Forums, BTW!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-04-2015, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyalaska View Post
New to this so if this is the wrong place to ask please direct me where to post.

10 Cobalt auto transmission acts like brake in lower gear and hard shifts at 4000RPM but frees up in high gear but at 65mpy runs 1200 more rpm(3500) than normal. This happened on a 400 mile trip but when I stopped at a truck stop to check fluid level. Car idled for about ten minutes while I looked for dipstick and found in book you can't check it. I decided to try to get it hame (70 more miles) but it started working correctly when I drove off. Has anyone experienced this? What can be cause?
I would make a whole new thread in the transmission section like Parthros said below. Welcome to the forums though!! If you have any questions at all regarding how to post or where feel free to send me or any other staff member a private message!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthros View Post
I'm sure someone will end up answering your question here, but if not, try searching through or starting a new thread in the Transmission Forum.

Transmission - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts

Welcome to the Forums, BTW!

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-27-2015, 07:24 AM
Newcomer

My coolant fan won't start do I need to have two constant 12 volt hots at relay fan 1 I only have 1 hot
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-27-2015, 09:27 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Here are the specifications.
The ECM commands Low Speed Fans ON under the following conditions:

• Engine coolant temperature (ECT) exceeds approximately 106C (223F).

• A/C refrigerant pressure exceeds 1 310 kPa (190 psi).

• After the vehicle is shut off, the ECT at key-off is greater than 140C (284F) and system voltage is more than 12 volts. The fans will stay on for approximately 3 minutes.

The ECM commands High Speed Fans ON under the following conditions:

• ECT reaches 110C (230F).

• A/C refrigerant pressure exceeds 1 655 kPa (240 psi).

• When certain DTCs set

Every minute spent angry is a happy minute lost for ever and ever!!!
Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly

Last edited by Coby7; 06-27-2015 at 09:30 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode