It's Been Fun... - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Chevy Cobalt Owners Lounge General Chevy Cobalt discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-25-2015, 10:09 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

It's Been Fun...

Hey guys, just thought I would leave a quick update... I have been trying to sell my XFE sedan for the last year, because I desperately need oral surgery... I hate to say it, but I finally found a buyer for it, will be handing over the keys tomorrow, after we take care of the paperwork and everything...

This is very bittersweet because I love the car... but I need to get my teeth fixed before I can think about another car. Ol' Blue was the best car I have ever owned, has been great! However it is time to sell her and get my teeth fixed then work towards getting an HHR SS... have found some I really like.

With a heavy heart, I must say my goodbyes, the guy fell in love with ol' blue on the test drive, he has been looking for a vehicle to drive to and from work that won't cost him $100+ a week in gas for commuting, he loved everything about blue that I love, he couldn't get over the turn circle. He filled the tank and from an eighth of a tank it took $31.50 to fill and his jaw dropped!

This is bittersweet for me, I have gotten attached to blue, but I need to get this taken care of for me to live a normal life blue will be going on to a new home... I will miss that car, funny how we can get attached to cars...

I have been using premium 93 octane in blue because of the compression ratio, and it has been running so much better than with the 87.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-25-2015, 10:20 PM
Super Moderator

Sad to see her go. You're always welcome to stick around the forums though!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-25-2015, 10:28 PM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerForum God

Sorry to hear, I can tell it's actually sad for you to sell the car. Think it would be for most car people.

2009 Cobalt LS XFE (F23) Victory Red
YYZ V.3 Springs, Koni shocks/struts, Powell XXX rear swaybar, Brembo brake swap, 5 lug conversion, Ion Redline wheels, SS/SC interior swap including power conversion, K&N intake, Trifecta tune, Ark Performance N-II catback, Ark shorty antenna, SS body kit, Powell F23 rotated mount, LNF rear mount, Powell CABs
Soon to come- EFR 6758 turbo kit and make Retro Headlights.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-26-2015, 04:59 AM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Beamer Send a message via Yahoo to Beamer
it sucks giving up something you love due to life issues. I had to do it with my SS and I wish I never did. Stick around, once you're in you are in.

My Gone But Not Forgotten Cobalt(s) Show off

2015 Fiat 500 Abarth | 2016 International Durastar

Check out my Youtube page
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-26-2015, 06:00 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer View Post
it sucks giving up something you love due to life issues. I had to do it with my SS and I wish I never did. Stick around, once you're in you are in.
This is true. You can take the Cobalt away from the driver, but you'll never take it out of his heart. Hope your oral care/surgery goes without a hitch.

'07 Eclipse GT build thread - 280whp, 254wtq
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-26-2015, 08:15 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
sorry to hear it man! never forget that cobalts will still be around for a while and you can still snag some for cheap in the future, even though it wont be that good ol blue. Good luck with the oral surgery

WA636R - Switchblade Silver Mt 09 Sedan LT 2.2L LAP......Auto!

MODS:Fe5 TC Shock + Struts\Moog Endlinks\YYZ V1 Springs\SC Gunmetal Wheels. Badmab Shorty Header\GMPP Performance Exhaust\ZZP 2.5 Catted DP\K&N Drop-in filter\High Flow Intake Tube. Gen4 Headlights\6K Low Beam HID\LED 3rd Brake Light\LED Turn Signals,Plate,Trunk, Dome, Reverse, Side-marker\ Debadge "LT" & GM fender badges\Shorty Antenna

Join YC.com on Facebook! Like YC.com on facebook too!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-26-2015, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Thanks for the best wishes guys! I sold it today, it took me to work, but she did not follow me home :( She is in good hands tho... The guy is really happy with his purchase, and I know that I will see blue in the future, I work in equipment rental and he happens to come in and rents from time to time so it's all good, I will be able to look him in the eye after this whole thing, and that is what counts, being able to look the person you sold a vehicle to in the eye.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode