front License Plates missing:::: illegal? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Chevy Cobalt Owners Lounge General Chevy Cobalt discussion

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

front License Plates missing:::: illegal?

OK!! QUESTION:::: i noticed on SSCOBALTCHICK's and others balts that the front license plate was NOT there. is that illegal? could it vary from state to state?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 02:34 PM
Contributor

it's whatever the state decides. I know we have to have both in Ohio. but i always see people with out them around here.
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

hhhmmmm....i wonder how i could find out if its illegal in TX
post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 02:38 PM
Contributor

I don't know i would think call city hall. I also see people put them in their front windows but that just looks stupid
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 02:39 PM
Forum Regular

Texas requires both, plus you can't have any obstruction around the plates. The police have to be able to see the word TEXAS on the plate.

post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

yeah that would not be cool. i HATE the way the license plate looks on the front on the car...well the back too but its not that bad. so how did you get no me 4 u on your license plate? i always wanted to have my own wording, just didnt know how to go about it.
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 02:41 PM
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by light'balt View Post
Texas requires both, plus you can't have any obstruction around the plates. The police have to be able to see the word TEXAS on the plate.
Correctamundo! Although there are plenty of people rolling around here without a front plate, cops usually won't harass you about it unless you get pulled over for something else.

| 2006 Cobalt LS coupe | AEM intake | custom 2.25" exhaust w/ Magnaflow muffler | GMPP extrude honed manifold | SS/SC downpipe | Eibach Sportlines | Ingall's torque damper | eBay short shifter | DC Sports strut brace | black projectors | 17" MB Motorsports Drift wheels | 225/45/17R Kumho Ecstas | front Recaro seats from Ion Redline | 35% front sides; 20% back sides and rear tint | ARK shorty antenna | Niteshaded side markers and 3rd brake light | Beltronics Express 795 radar detector |
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 02:41 PM
Contributor

when you go to the BMV or DMV or whatever you call it. ask them for paperwork for vanity plates. I just never changed them from my Iroc so I put them on my cobalt.
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

so are they on the back too? is that what your licence plate number is now? so its pretty much changing you lisence plate number? and what is iroc?
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 02:55 PM
Contributor

yeah it's on both...yeah it's just ordering a special plate for yourself. it works just the same as a regular plate. you'll pay a lot more for it every year. it's my beast of the northeast baby...lol it's a camaro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode