Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts

-   Chevy Cobalt Owners Lounge (https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/chevy-cobalt-owners-lounge/)
-   -   Cheapest Way to Tune Supercharger on a 2.2l (https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/chevy-cobalt-owners-lounge/78601-cheapest-way-tune-supercharger-2-2l.html)

itsag5 10-22-2015 09:17 PM

Cheapest Way to Tune Supercharger on a 2.2l

I have a supercharger kit from a cobalt ss. I want to put it on my 2.2l g5. I am wondering where to get a cheap tune. Some one told me to buy hptuner but that is $500...

rrob5382 10-22-2015 09:30 PM

You can get a used one, they usually pop up for sale. Got mine for 300 with 6 credits on it still. Only thing is with that you still need to get somebody to tune it for you. Another option would be trifecta, not quite sure what that costs but it's another good option. I just supercharged my G5 like 2 weeks ago and it certainly is alot of fun! Where are you located?

MP81 10-23-2015 05:54 AM

Trifecta was $250 when I bought mine, but that was back in 2009, when I supercharged my L61. It might have gone up a tad now - but they did a great job, and tweaked the tune many times, until it was to my liking and all the kinks were worked out.

itsag5 10-23-2015 02:24 PM

If I got the hptuner how much would some one charge to tune it? Trifecta wants $400 when I fill out the form, can I flash it with a ebay obd2 bluetooth adapter?

How much horsepower are you guys running and are you guys auto?

Supercharged for 6 years? has it been reliable?

rrob5382 10-23-2015 03:18 PM

We are both auto, with trifecta you need their cable and with hptuners it depends on who you have do it, I had zzp tune mine and it cost like 140 or so.
MP81 has something like 70k miles since he went supercharged and I have maybe 2k miles on mine haha. We are both running 2.9 pulleys and should be somewhere around 240 whp or so.. I should have dyno numbers in a few weeks though haha

Parthros 10-23-2015 03:39 PM

Honestly, I think it would be best to go ahead and spend the money for a good tune rather than go cheap. Trifecta or ZZP are both good choices. You might also be able to find a local shop to do it.