Cheapest Way to Tune Supercharger on a 2.2l - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Chevy Cobalt Owners Lounge General Chevy Cobalt discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-22-2015, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Cheapest Way to Tune Supercharger on a 2.2l

I have a supercharger kit from a cobalt ss. I want to put it on my 2.2l g5. I am wondering where to get a cheap tune. Some one told me to buy hptuner but that is $500...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-22-2015, 09:30 PM
Cobalt Master

You can get a used one, they usually pop up for sale. Got mine for 300 with 6 credits on it still. Only thing is with that you still need to get somebody to tune it for you. Another option would be trifecta, not quite sure what that costs but it's another good option. I just supercharged my G5 like 2 weeks ago and it certainly is alot of fun! Where are you located?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
Speed isn't everything. Sometimes, you just need a little style and flare in your motoring.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 05:54 AM
Say What again!
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Trifecta was $250 when I bought mine, but that was back in 2009, when I supercharged my L61. It might have gone up a tad now - but they did a great job, and tweaked the tune many times, until it was to my liking and all the kinks were worked out.

1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z - Wrecked/Sold
1998 Chevrolet Cavalier - Wrecked/Donated
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - M62 Supercharger, Ported Throttle Body, 42 lb/hr Injectors, Intense 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger, SS/TC Exhaust, TTR Engine and Trans Mounts, Trifecta Tune, ZZP Header and Downpipe, '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, SSC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, SS/SC Front Swaybar, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, 18" MSR 045s, Dunlop ZIIs, Nightshaded Tails/Side Markers, Shorty Antenna, Black Bowties, Black Grilles, Black Headlights, Dual JL 12" w1v2 Subs, A/D/S Front/Rear Speakers, Pioneer 7" Touchscreen, G85 Recaros, Leather Rear Seats, 160 MPH Cluster.
2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel - 17" MSR 013s, Black Bowties, Black Tails, UR Rear Lower Bar
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - JVC Ribbon Tweeters, SEAS Mids, Pyle Woofers, Kenwood Tape Deck, Zapco Amp/Equilizer, Ceramic-Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
2017 Chevrolet Volt LT - Black Bowties
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

If I got the hptuner how much would some one charge to tune it? Trifecta wants $400 when I fill out the form, can I flash it with a ebay obd2 bluetooth adapter?

How much horsepower are you guys running and are you guys auto?

Supercharged for 6 years? has it been reliable?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 03:18 PM
Cobalt Master

We are both auto, with trifecta you need their cable and with hptuners it depends on who you have do it, I had zzp tune mine and it cost like 140 or so.
MP81 has something like 70k miles since he went supercharged and I have maybe 2k miles on mine haha. We are both running 2.9 pulleys and should be somewhere around 240 whp or so.. I should have dyno numbers in a few weeks though haha

Quote:
Speed isn't everything. Sometimes, you just need a little style and flare in your motoring.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 03:39 PM
Expert

Garage
Honestly, I think it would be best to go ahead and spend the money for a good tune rather than go cheap. Trifecta or ZZP are both good choices. You might also be able to find a local shop to do it.

Quote:
Believe me, these cars have a habit of growing on their owners. Your feelings will only strengthen over time...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode