sponsorship! - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Chevy Cobalt Owners Lounge General Chevy Cobalt discussion

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

sponsorship!

Hi,
My name is Paul Suleski. I own a 2007 chevy cobalt 2.2l Ls 5-speed manual, right now i have k&n drop in aibox filter and have modded the exhaust, i'm pushin 150-155 hp and would love to get sponsored to help me get the parts i need to turn this beast into a real machine. I have raced a dodge neon(WON) integra(WON) and a ford Torus(WON). have yet to loose and would love to place your companies logo's and what nots on the side of my car so when i race people i will also be advertising all at the same time. will be hitting the track's up this spring and summer.

i'm looking to add:
rims-17-18"
slicks
interior redo
carbon fiber hood and trunk
with airduck scoop on hood
and would like to add headers and the supercharger.

for pics of me and my ride click Below:
MySpace.com - Paul and Jessica - 21 - Male - MEDINA(THE GHETTO), New York - www.myspace.com/sktrpau
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 07:59 PM
Contributor

No offense, but I really don't think this is the best way to go about getting sponsored.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 08:03 PM
Forum Regular

x2
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 08:05 PM
Contributor

taurus huh?
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 08:09 PM
Forum Regular

Only car I've raced is a turbo civic, it was still slow haha
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 08:10 PM
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to gibsonj4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt-z View Post
Hi,
My name is Paul Suleski. I own a 2007 chevy cobalt 2.2l Ls 5-speed manual, right now i have k&n drop in aibox filter and have modded the exhaust, i'm pushin 150-155 hp and would love to get sponsored to help me get the parts i need to turn this beast into a real machine. I have raced a dodge neon(WON) integra(WON) and a ford Torus(WON). have yet to loose and would love to place your companies logo's and what nots on the side of my car so when i race people i will also be advertising all at the same time. will be hitting the track's up this spring and summer.

i'm looking to add:
rims-17-18"
slicks
interior redo
carbon fiber hood and trunk
with airduck scoop on hood
and would like to add headers and the supercharger.

for pics of me and my ride click Below:
MySpace.com - Paul and Jessica - 21 - Male - MEDINA(THE GHETTO), New York - www.myspace.com/sktrpau
How to get sponsored:
1. Find a place to get sponsored such as a performance shop, performance parts dealer, etc.
2. Spend a lotttt of coin or have some great connections there.
3. Have a clean and respectable ride.

Racing an integra, a taurus (wasn't it even an SHO???), and a neon will not get you sponsored. No one will drop money on your car purely cause u ask them to or because u raced three 17 second cars. I'm more likely to get sponsored by Turbotech because of the money I've spent there. I'm just giving u advice that this is not the way to go about it and I think this thread should be locked.

As far as the mods go, what's ur goal for ur car? How much power? You wanna go with a supercharger ok now what are u doing for fuel management? Tuning? Forced induction prep? many cars who are sponsored (not all) push big power and run great times. Are u looking for a tricked out car with rims, body kit, insane sound system, etc. or a performance car? I'm just tryin to figure out what u wanna do? It's not impossible to get sponsored just saying u def have to know someone or drop some serious coin and make ur car a beast someone is willing to put there name on.

Also.....You realize u have ONE exaust manifold which would be replaced by A HEADER not TWO! I think u need to do some research on your platform before strapping a supercharger to your car with no research. I don't want any rods gettin thrown through any blocks.

2V Mustang GT - Cammed/Sprayed - The "Mustake" - Sold
2010 Cobalt 2LT - SOLD!
Chrysler 300C Hemi K&N & Tune
2005 Cobalt SS Supercharged - E85 TVS 2.9 - SOLD!
2001 Corvette C5 6MT

Last edited by gibsonj4; 01-22-2008 at 08:14 PM.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

thanx for the input. and i'll try to come up with a list of things to do and have done for the car and i'll take your advice. thanx again
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 08:30 PM
domin8

Cobalt-z, I also want to get sponsored for racing, but I don't go about it this way. As it has been said before, spend some money and time investing in your car. Do it right and people will want you to be sponsored by them. That's what I've been doing.

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 08:40 PM
Veteran

Gibby is on the right rack. In order to get sponsorships you either have to know someone from the company you are wanting to sponsor you or you put tons of time, money, and effort into your car to get yourself noticed. Street racing will not get you noticed and will not get you sponsorships. While tuner companies certainly make a pretty penny off street racers they aren't going to openly sponsor one because it can cast negative light on their company. Companies also want to promote motivated, high knowledgeable, and respectable tuners. Not some guy off the street with a big attitude, who races anything that moves, and doesn't know much about his or other cars.

I'll leave you with this personal experience on sponsorship. My two friends and I have co founded our own racing team. Now don't take that wrongly, we are not some high budget, take the world by storm, and travel the country racing crew. We are three friends that love cars, racing, and wrenching with each other. Over the last two + years we have taken a junk yard special Camaro SS and made it into a high 9 second beast. We are all the things I previously mentioned that companies are looking to sponsor and yet we still have no major sponsors. What we do have is free dyno time at a local shop in turn for putting their name on the car, we also got a nice discount at the trailer place for again putting their name on the car. To get those we knew the owners of both places and still had to beg them. So here we are a bunch of shade tree mechanics who are now out running the same times as the big shops in the area and still no sponsors.

Now ask yourself, what have you done to your car, for the cobalt community, and to prove yourself worthy of sponsorship that a tuning company would even look your way? What have you done different or to prove yourself?

The last thing you have to consider is that sponsorships are business deals. This means you have to have a business plan, goals, a resume, and all the other things it takes to land a big business deal. You need to prove to a company that they can make money off you, that you will sell their product. This will also take a huge effort on your part. If you get sponsored there will be show requirement, track day requirements, and meetings. Are you prepared for this? If you get a sponsorship you can basically say goodbye to every weekend from April 1 to November 1.

In summary, sponsorships require ALOT of work on your part. Good luck, and I hope you get one. It's possible, but not probably, but go out there and prove yourself and work your tail off and it might just happen.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 08:51 PM
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to gibsonj4
x2 with EVERYTHING IMA said. There are tons of guys with SS's that are not singled out in this community what makes you think your LS has enough? Not trying to be a jerk just sayin' I just want my car to be a weekend track car. I will be buying a 350Z, Evo X, or STi when I graduate college.

2V Mustang GT - Cammed/Sprayed - The "Mustake" - Sold
2010 Cobalt 2LT - SOLD!
Chrysler 300C Hemi K&N & Tune
2005 Cobalt SS Supercharged - E85 TVS 2.9 - SOLD!
2001 Corvette C5 6MT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode