Hey, Need Advice Please! - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Chevy Cobalt Owners Lounge General Chevy Cobalt discussion

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 05:14 PM
CTcobalt Fan

Hey, Need Advice Please!

Hey everyone,

New to the sight i would like to introduce myself. I live in CT my name is Craig and I own a 08 4dr Chevy cobalt. I went for the 4dr since it was cheaper seeing as im 16. But anyways I'm getting tinted windows, and cant decide what else i should consider getting. I was thinking about a side kit or bumper seeing as the bumper is higher in the air. Or chevy decals or brake and other pads (talking about the ones in the car that you press with your feet). However i dont really know any websites to check out any merchadise. Most sites dont have anything available. Please help.

Also an exhaust system. Or would that sound stupid on a 4dr?

Please post helpful information!

-Thanks
-Craig

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 05:33 PM
mind4engineering

welcome to the SITE! Craig

if i were you i would start saving for some new shoes and rubbers (rimz and tires)
maybe some suspension after that
THEN think about body/lip kits

personaly im not a fan of bodykits/lip kits being that they tend to get ruined by curbs, potholes, 'deep' puddles of water, snow, etc... i can get you lots of evidence from around here :D, intersting stroy behind the 'deep' puddle...someone i know w/ a cavy went through one that was just a little to deep, going a bit to fast, and lost their front bumper, there was enough force : /

nothing wrong with a sedan, thats what i had at first (did you actualy check to see what the diff was between a sedan and a coupe when it came to insurance?) i went from a 05 sedan to a 07 coupe and my insurance went up a whopping 6 bucks a month lol (18/19 years old with each car)

nothing wrong with putting exaust on it either, but, my i ask why? the 2.2L balt really doesnt have much low dollar performace potential, and with most exaust systems you are going to loose some of your low end (torque), and IMO the balt's low end is one of my favorite things about it.

Happy Posting

post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 05:43 PM
CTcobalt Fan

Kk

Thanks for the advice, and yeah the insurance would of rose, not sure how much, i leave that to my parents:P. Also the exhaust i was just corious about, dont really know what i want to be honest.

But anyways, any advice or links to any tires and rims for my car?

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 05:58 PM
Veteran

You don't have to put the full exhaust on...I just had a muffler put on mine. As for the pedals...always a great mod, real cheap one too. I'm gonna do that this weekend..maybe. I dont like how my sedan sit so high up so lowering springs would be a cheaper way to get rid of that gap instead of the body kit, unless you want the body kit...anyway the important thing is to have fun with it. And welcome to the site also...

post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 05:59 PM
mind4engineering

what wheels do you have
steelies with hubcaps or alloys?
the difference, the steelies are all 4x100 bolt pattern, and most of the alloys are 5x??? (cant remember off the top of my head)

i have heard good things about tirerack.com
and im sure other memebers here know plenty of sites to check out

mind4engineering added 0 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugz View Post
You don't have to put the full exhaust on...I just had a muffler put on mine. As for the pedals...always a great mod, real cheap one too. I'm gonna do that this weekend..maybe. I dont like how my sedan sit so high up so lowering springs would be a cheaper way to get rid of that gap instead of the body kit, unless you want the body kit...anyway the important thing is to have fun with it. And welcome to the site also...
silly nugz, body kits dont cure wheel gap :D

Last edited by mind4engineering; 01-24-2008 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 06:09 PM
Veteran

Not the gap itself but they can take the eyes away from it..

post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 06:34 PM
mind4engineering

lol

post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 06:40 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTcobalt Fan View Post
Thanks for the advice, and yeah the insurance would of rose, not sure how much, i leave that to my parents:P. Also the exhaust i was just corious about, dont really know what i want to be honest.

But anyways, any advice or links to any tires and rims for my car?
Since you don't know what you want I say figure that out first. Sure it's fun to jump in and start modding but if you take the time to plan out your mod path you can usually get more bang for your buck and better results. So just step back and see what priorities for you are and then set a budget and go from there.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 07:53 PM
CTcobalt Fan

Thanks

Mmkay well thanks for all the advice tonight. Ill figure something about. Budget shouldnt be a problem, Thanks again tho.

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 08:30 PM
Forum Regular

hey welcome to the site man...well seeing that you and me are both 16 ill give you some advise man start off with the basics intake, exhast, and manifold... alltho
you can go the other way like a bodykit they have alot of nice looking ones every where
and if you cant decide wat to get first just try looking on ebay and see what catches your eye and haha GET IT!!! man ether way cobalts are pimp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode