2010 LAP Cobalt Vs. 2003 Mercury Marauder - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Chevy Cobalt Owners Lounge General Chevy Cobalt discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-14-2016, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

2010 LAP Cobalt Vs. 2003 Mercury Marauder

Hey guys,

Me and my bud just started a Youtube channel called " The Jank Garage " and uploaded our first video. I know the quality isn't great but were gunna keep working at it. Currently working on getting two go pros so we can shoot POV driving, exhaust clips, and so you can see the full race etc.

The channel is going to follow my Cobalt build, we are currently sourcing parts to do a eaten m62 supercharger install and we will be filming the entire process! Trying to stay around ~$2000 for the build.

My buddy also is going to be doing some work to his Marauder but hasn't decided on what, feel free to chime in with input on what you want to see done!

If you want to see our first video of my Cobalt vs his marauder, heres the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_kkUGs5aZs

Video's are going to be going up weekly on Sundays. Subscribe on Youtube if you want to stay informed, Cheers!

Results - We were dead even our first two runs, Marauder beat my cobalt by about a car length on the last run -.-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-14-2016, 07:01 PM
Expert

Garage
Awesome sauce! Betcha getting a header/downpipe combo, an LSJ throttle body and a Trifecta tune would put your 'balt ahead of that Mercury every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
Believe me, these cars have a habit of growing on their owners. Your feelings will only strengthen over time...
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-15-2016, 05:54 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
However cool your video was, for legal reasons you might not want to film those races on a public road, especially with one car on the incoming lane. Wouldn't want that stuff getting back to you and biting you in the ass.

That said, seemed like decent runs. The stage 2 M62 supercharger kit sold by ZZP is capable of around 240whp @ 12psi and should easily leave that Merc in the dust. The kit includes a 3.1" pulley, dual pass endplates and 60# injectors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthros View Post
Awesome sauce! Betcha getting a header/downpipe combo, an LSJ throttle body and a Trifecta tune would put your 'balt ahead of that Mercury every time.
The only V8 I ever took in my G5 was a stock late 2000s Town Car. I had a CAI and headerback exhaust. Got about a car length before he gave up, so it's entirely possible to beat even a lightly modded Marauder while fully bolted and tuned.

'07 Eclipse GT build thread - 280whp, 254wtq
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-15-2016, 06:52 AM
Say What again!
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthros View Post
Most certainly.

I surprised myself a year or so ago, when I easily "passed" (to put it lightly) a Marauder, which had gunned it (by the sound of its exhaust note/volume) while merging onto the freeway. I was not in my Cobalt, but instead a 2015 Grand Cherokee. The Hemi and 8-speed combination goes far faster than it has any business doing...especially when it does my favorite, the 8-2 non-sequential WOT downshift.

1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z - Wrecked/Sold
1998 Chevrolet Cavalier - Wrecked/Donated
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - M62 Supercharger, Ported Throttle Body, 42 lb/hr Injectors, Intense 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger, SS/TC Exhaust, TTR Engine and Trans Mounts, Trifecta Tune, ZZP Header and Downpipe, '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, SSC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, SS/SC Front Swaybar, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, 18" MSR 045s, Dunlop ZIIs, Nightshaded Tails/Side Markers, Shorty Antenna, Black Bowties, Black Grilles, Black Headlights, Dual JL 12" w1v2 Subs, A/D/S Front/Rear Speakers, Pioneer 7" Touchscreen, G85 Recaros, Leather Rear Seats, 160 MPH Cluster.
2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel - 17" MSR 013s, Black Bowties, Black Tails, UR Rear Lower Bar
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - JVC Ribbon Tweeters, SEAS Mids, Pyle Woofers, Kenwood Tape Deck, Zapco Amp/Equilizer, Ceramic-Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
2017 Chevrolet Volt LT - Black Bowties
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-15-2016, 07:44 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Yeah, those Fords are pretty conservatively tuned from the factory. There's loads of potential lurking in that engine bay though.

'07 Eclipse GT build thread - 280whp, 254wtq
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-15-2016, 07:49 AM
Say What again!
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
Yeah, those Fords are pretty conservatively tuned from the factory. There's loads of potential lurking in that engine bay though.
Yep, assuming you want to spend the money to mod the 4.6. Cam swaps get expensive when there's more than one.

And unfortunately (from a cost standpoint), the Marauder has four.

A blower is by far the cheapest go-fast-maker for the Marauder.

1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z - Wrecked/Sold
1998 Chevrolet Cavalier - Wrecked/Donated
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - M62 Supercharger, Ported Throttle Body, 42 lb/hr Injectors, Intense 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger, SS/TC Exhaust, TTR Engine and Trans Mounts, Trifecta Tune, ZZP Header and Downpipe, '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, SSC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, SS/SC Front Swaybar, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, 18" MSR 045s, Dunlop ZIIs, Nightshaded Tails/Side Markers, Shorty Antenna, Black Bowties, Black Grilles, Black Headlights, Dual JL 12" w1v2 Subs, A/D/S Front/Rear Speakers, Pioneer 7" Touchscreen, G85 Recaros, Leather Rear Seats, 160 MPH Cluster.
2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel - 17" MSR 013s, Black Bowties, Black Tails, UR Rear Lower Bar
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - JVC Ribbon Tweeters, SEAS Mids, Pyle Woofers, Kenwood Tape Deck, Zapco Amp/Equilizer, Ceramic-Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
2017 Chevrolet Volt LT - Black Bowties
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode