Backlight problem - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Chevy Cobalt Owners Lounge General Chevy Cobalt discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Backlight problem

I have been having this wierd problem. The backlight that comes on for the DIC and Stereo sometimes does not come on intermittenly. Sometimes it comes on, then I will stop the car, go back to it a few hours later and they wont turn on again until the next day. Or, they will not come on at all, then later on they will.This is only during the day, at night it always works.
I brought it to the dealer but of course they said it didnt happen while the car was there so they did squat. Any ideas what could be causing this? Fuse? Loose wire?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 12:10 PM
Forum Regular

Somethign to check for would be to see if your headlights and everything come on, as if you turned them on yourself. If your car isnt in direct sunlight, sometimes, the sensor will make the car think its dark. Mine does it all the time.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 01:05 PM
Cobalt Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerpro357 View Post
Somethign to check for would be to see if your headlights and everything come on, as if you turned them on yourself. If your car isnt in direct sunlight, sometimes, the sensor will make the car think its dark. Mine does it all the time.
mine is exactly the same way, make sure the sensor has nothing covering it.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 06:24 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerpro357 View Post
But if the car thinks its dark shouldnt the backlight come on?
I have the headlights set to automatic

steve333 added 0 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobaltkrazy View Post
mine is exactly the same way, make sure the sensor has nothing covering it.
sensor is clear, nothing in the way.

Last edited by steve333; 02-17-2008 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 09:28 PM
Forum Regular

Well, in theory yes, but its not always how it works, it was one of those "What were they thinking" things. Try turning the little knob on the left side of the steering wheel all the way to the right, with the lights on. if the backlight flickers or anything, then its a faulty switch, but if it just lights up like normal, then its fine. A little note, if you have the key off and turn the lights on manually, backlight should turn on, try that, if it works, then try the same thing again with the key on, preferably in the light, or shady area, the backlight may come on, but most likely wont.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

I tried messing with the dimmer switch hoping that was the problem, but no flickering.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode