Impounded... - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Chevy Cobalt Owners Lounge General Chevy Cobalt discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 10:17 AM Thread Starter
Contributor

Impounded...

Ok, first off, I'm fine and have no charges.

I was at the pub last night and had a bit to drink. A friend of mine wanted to go get some food. I was in the middle of a 9-ball tourney so couldn't exactly leave at the time. So I handed him the keys being that he is about the only other person I trust to drive my car, being that he always drives my intoxicated ass around. About 20 minutes later I get a call from another friend saying that he saw my car pulled over halfway across town in a McDonalds lot. So I call my friend, who by this point is already in the back of the police car. Thankfully they hadn't confiscated his phone and he was able to answer. I did my best to get to the scene but both driver and passenger were already taken to the pin. Unfortunately they the officer would not call off the impound. Even though I was there before the tow was... I was never contacted before hand either, not sure if that matters though. So my Betty is parked all lonely at the body shop that impounded it. They arrested my friend on felony charges of evading arrest. (apparently he wasn't too good at evading) I think the charge is complete bull because I know there was no way in hell this guy would have ran much less done anything but pull over when the berries flash, he's way to smart for that.

I was allowed to obtain my POI and my reg. from the car but in my drunken stupor seem to have left it at the pub. (lucky me) Must have it to get a release from the city so I can get my car out of impound for $65 +$20 a day. Pub opens at 5, go figure that's the same time the body shop closes...

Wow, yesterday was crazy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 10:24 AM
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenYearsBeOhBe View Post
Ok, first off, I'm fine and have no charges.

I was at the pub last night and had a bit to drink. A friend of mine wanted to go get some food. I was in the middle of a 9-ball tourney so couldn't exactly leave at the time. So I handed him the keys being that he is about the only other person I trust to drive my car, being that he always drives my intoxicated ass around. About 20 minutes later I get a call from another friend saying that he saw my car pulled over halfway across town in a McDonalds lot. So I call my friend, who by this point is already in the back of the police car. Thankfully they hadn't confiscated his phone and he was able to answer. I did my best to get to the scene but both driver and passenger were already taken to the pin. Unfortunately they the officer would not call off the impound. Even though I was there before the tow was... I was never contacted before hand either, not sure if that matters though. So my Betty is parked all lonely at the body shop that impounded it. They arrested my friend on felony charges of evading arrest. (apparently he wasn't too good at evading) I think the charge is complete bull because I know there was no way in hell this guy would have ran much less done anything but pull over when the berries flash, he's way to smart for that.

I was allowed to obtain my POI and my reg. from the car but in my drunken stupor seem to have left it at the pub. (lucky me) Must have it to get a release from the city so I can get my car out of impound for $65 +$20 a day. Pub opens at 5, go figure that's the same time the body shop closes...

Wow, yesterday was crazy!
Yes, they OPEN at 5, but there's always people there at least an hour beforehand to start the opening duties. Call a couple times around 4....

| 2006 Cobalt LS coupe | AEM intake | custom 2.25" exhaust w/ Magnaflow muffler | GMPP extrude honed manifold | SS/SC downpipe | Eibach Sportlines | Ingall's torque damper | eBay short shifter | DC Sports strut brace | black projectors | 17" MB Motorsports Drift wheels | 225/45/17R Kumho Ecstas | front Recaro seats from Ion Redline | 35% front sides; 20% back sides and rear tint | ARK shorty antenna | Niteshaded side markers and 3rd brake light | Beltronics Express 795 radar detector |
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
Contributor

I thought of that but that really only gives me a window of about 20 minutes or so to go get my proofs, then back across town to the police department to get the release paper work, and then all the way back across town again because the body shop is like 2 buildings down from the pub... lol

Oh, and my starting location (work) is two doors down from the PD... go figure...
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 11:45 AM
Veteran

make sure nothing is taken out of that vehicle,or anything valueable because impounds are good for stealing shit and claiming it was never in the car.

2006 Chevy Cobalt LT
Synthetic oil
K&N air intake system
Custom 2.5" dynomax exhaust system
B&M shiftplus
B&M tranny cooler
Catless Downpipe
stainless steel pacesetter header
5900k light bulbs
2.4 intake manifold
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by burzumaske20 View Post
make sure nothing is taken out of that vehicle,or anything valueable because impounds are good for stealing shit and claiming it was never in the car.
I think I'm ok on that one because I went to school with the body shop owners son. And they're really nice people, as far as I know...
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenYearsBeOhBe View Post
I thought of that but that really only gives me a window of about 20 minutes or so to go get my proofs, then back across town to the police department to get the release paper work, and then all the way back across town again because the body shop is like 2 buildings down from the pub... lol

Oh, and my starting location (work) is two doors down from the PD... go figure...
how big is gatesville tx?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Lol, Not big enough for me to complain really... I'd say pop. between 9,000 and 13,000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode