Stay away from Denooyer Chevy on Wolf Road in Albany, NY! - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Chevy Cobalt Owners Lounge General Chevy Cobalt discussion

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 07:05 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Stay away from Denooyer Chevy on Wolf Road in Albany, NY!

Unless you want this to happen:

Dealerships suck! Please read. (details + photos inside!) - Cobalt SS Network

Cliff notes:

I bring my car in for service due to warranty work (seat belt wont retract and door latch is loose). I leave with my friend and we go off to work on his Prelude to kill some time. They call me up not 15 minutes later saying my car was "hit." Upon further inspection I notice my front lip scuffed, wheels damaged. They tell me everything will be covered by them. So I bring the car back on Monday (was damaged on friday) and tell them about the wheels, lip. This damage was overlooked when the accident occured, mainly because the car was covered in snow and salt. They tell me that was caused by me and not them (absolute bullshit). So I bite the bullet and pay out the ass for 2 new rims. They fix the bodywork free of charge, and return the car back to me with the engine completely covered in dust, a shitty detail job on the interior, and the exterior paint all scratched up (ESPECIALLY my hood) and swirl marks everywhere because the moron who buffed it apparently doesn't know how to use a buffer. So I take the car home and notice the alignment is off. Again, obviously related to the damage. I brought it to Salisbury Chevrolet to get an alignment, but they couldn't align it because the left side suspension parts were bent/damaged. Again, related to this mishap. This vehicle was MINT before it got damaged by Denooyer Chevrolet. Not a single swirl, ding, etc. on the entire car. So I bring the car back to Denooyer since I was told the car was aligned before it was given back to me. AND GUESS WHAT.. it was NEVER DONE. So they put it on their alignment rack and tell me the same shit, parts are bent. However, they won't cover them. They think I damaged the car! :lol: Funny how all of the damage is on the same side of the impact. *******s. So I asked to speak with the manager of the Dealer (Joel Denooyer), but he was out of office. This was on a Wednesday I believe. My father and I left our information and was told that he would get back to us either when he came in that day or the day after. It's been 6 days now, and guess what! No reply back from him. Apparently they don't give a shit about customers, but rather making money off them even if it involves ripping them off through shady business practices. So, I am paying not only for new wheels but for all of the suspension components to be replaced, and I am driving around in a car that has taken quite a beating over the past month or so. I also called GM SEVERAL TIMES, and after a few days I was told that the Dealer told GM that it was my fault so GM basically told me I was on my own with this. GM listens to the Dealer and not the customer. Great. Anyway, thanks for reading, and please do me a favor and

DO NOT GO TO DENOOYER CHEVROLET! Ever! Don't even buy a car from these crooks because they will screw you. When I bought my car, I was promised a free oil change. I brought the car there and they told me they won't do it, and they will only cover standard oil (The SS S/C requires synthetic.. it comes that way from the factory.) I was promised a free oil change when I bought the car from them.. so they won't put the proper oil in my car? Shows how much they care. Also, I brought the car in before for the seat belt not retracting, and they told me this was normal on cobalt coupes! :lol: Bullshit! They are just trying to get out of warranty work. Again, this dealer doesn't give two shits about the customer. Ever since the old service manager left and the kids took over the business the place has gone downhill ever since. Again, this is Denooyer Chevrolet located on Wolf Road in Albany, NY.

Contact info:

Denooyer Chevrolet‎
127 Wolf Rd, Albany, NY
(51 458-7700

Last edited by chris88z24; 03-25-2008 at 07:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 03:19 PM
Veteran

Wow, that place sound even worse than Huntington Chevrolet on Long Island, NY. My mothers brand new Impala got scratched by them and they attempted to fix it but it still had some marks on it. To top it off they didnt do any warranty repairs on the car and they had it for 2 days!
Now in San Diego and the dealer here is much better, even though sometimes they dont do great work, at least they try to help.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 06:46 PM
Forum Regular

Dude I would have been so far up that guys ass I would have been able to count his teeth. Cops called for domestic disturbance, charges filed for destruction of my private property. Hell may have no fury like a womans scorn but see what happens when you f*ck with a dudes car. I feel for ya man, that totally sucks

2006 LS coupe, manual, Victory Red
Sportlines, FE5 struts, shocks, front swaybar, Progressive 22mm rear swaybar, Airlift load assist rear airbags, TWM ST shifter, smoothed TB, LSJ exhaust, debadged, demudflapped, Yokohama AVID Touring P195/60R15's. Soon to come 17x7 Motegi Tracklight 1.0. Best to date 15.402 at 90mph

"No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full."
Lucius Cornelius Sulla
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 07:04 PM
Veteran

you should beable to sue the shit out of them for it,or you can set their car dealer on fire:P

2006 Chevy Cobalt LT
Synthetic oil
K&N air intake system
Custom 2.5" dynomax exhaust system
B&M shiftplus
B&M tranny cooler
Catless Downpipe
stainless steel pacesetter header
5900k light bulbs
2.4 intake manifold
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 07:38 PM
Forum Regular

I'll definitely steer clear of them if I'm ever in NY.

Courtesy Chevrolet in San Jose where I bought my car has been ok so far. They haven't given me any crap about the mods and aslong as I don't deal with the moron service manager I have been fine.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 10:55 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

I've been having people actually call/email the dealer stating that their horrible customer service + their reputation as a SHITTY dealer is spreading around fairly quickly. I encourage everyone here to do so if they have the time.

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-26-2008, 09:58 PM
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to CobaltLT Send a message via Yahoo to CobaltLT
I go there for all my needs and they've been nothing but perfect to me!?????

:P jk

Salisbury ftw!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-26-2008, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobaltLT View Post
I go there for all my needs and they've been nothing but perfect to me!?????

:P jk

Salisbury ftw!
The only way Denooyer will satisfy your needs is if you need a car that is in worse condition when you pick it up from them.

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 01:42 PM
Newcomer

I bought a new 2008 Cobalt LT from them on January 21st, and learned shortly thereafter that the A/C condensor was pushed into the radiator. Fortunately, they arranged to get Chevy to pay for the repairs. The car was brand-new with this damage!

I looked at the underside of the car yesterday and the newer new radiator is slightly bent. How anyone bends parts upon installation and delivers new cars with damage is beyond me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris88z24 View Post
Unless you want this to happen:

Dealerships suck! Please read. (details + photos inside!) - Cobalt SS Network

Cliff notes:

I bring my car in for service due to warranty work (seat belt wont retract and door latch is loose). I leave with my friend and we go off to work on his Prelude to kill some time. They call me up not 15 minutes later saying my car was "hit." Upon further inspection I notice my front lip scuffed, wheels damaged. They tell me everything will be covered by them. So I bring the car back on Monday (was damaged on friday) and tell them about the wheels, lip. This damage was overlooked when the accident occured, mainly because the car was covered in snow and salt. They tell me that was caused by me and not them (absolute bullshit). So I bite the bullet and pay out the ass for 2 new rims. They fix the bodywork free of charge, and return the car back to me with the engine completely covered in dust, a shitty detail job on the interior, and the exterior paint all scratched up (ESPECIALLY my hood) and swirl marks everywhere because the moron who buffed it apparently doesn't know how to use a buffer. So I take the car home and notice the alignment is off. Again, obviously related to the damage. I brought it to Salisbury Chevrolet to get an alignment, but they couldn't align it because the left side suspension parts were bent/damaged. Again, related to this mishap. This vehicle was MINT before it got damaged by Denooyer Chevrolet. Not a single swirl, ding, etc. on the entire car. So I bring the car back to Denooyer since I was told the car was aligned before it was given back to me. AND GUESS WHAT.. it was NEVER DONE. So they put it on their alignment rack and tell me the same shit, parts are bent. However, they won't cover them. They think I damaged the car! :lol: Funny how all of the damage is on the same side of the impact. *******s. So I asked to speak with the manager of the Dealer (Joel Denooyer), but he was out of office. This was on a Wednesday I believe. My father and I left our information and was told that he would get back to us either when he came in that day or the day after. It's been 6 days now, and guess what! No reply back from him. Apparently they don't give a shit about customers, but rather making money off them even if it involves ripping them off through shady business practices. So, I am paying not only for new wheels but for all of the suspension components to be replaced, and I am driving around in a car that has taken quite a beating over the past month or so. I also called GM SEVERAL TIMES, and after a few days I was told that the Dealer told GM that it was my fault so GM basically told me I was on my own with this. GM listens to the Dealer and not the customer. Great. Anyway, thanks for reading, and please do me a favor and

DO NOT GO TO DENOOYER CHEVROLET! Ever! Don't even buy a car from these crooks because they will screw you. When I bought my car, I was promised a free oil change. I brought the car there and they told me they won't do it, and they will only cover standard oil (The SS S/C requires synthetic.. it comes that way from the factory.) I was promised a free oil change when I bought the car from them.. so they won't put the proper oil in my car? Shows how much they care. Also, I brought the car in before for the seat belt not retracting, and they told me this was normal on cobalt coupes! :lol: Bullshit! They are just trying to get out of warranty work. Again, this dealer doesn't give two shits about the customer. Ever since the old service manager left and the kids took over the business the place has gone downhill ever since. Again, this is Denooyer Chevrolet located on Wolf Road in Albany, NY.

Contact info:

Denooyer Chevrolet‎
127 Wolf Rd, Albany, NY
(51 458-7700
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 03:04 PM
Newcomer

Just some observations that may help your case:
-On January 19, my wife and I noticed a brand-new Corvette Z06 sitting on DeNooyer's showroom floor, and it smelled of paint/fiberglass as if it just came out of the bodyshop. The paint didn't match, but it had a new car sticker in the window.
-On the morning of March 14th, DeNooyer's service manager spent a lot of time with the dealership owners. -Perhaps it was about your car??

march added 23 Minutes and 18 Seconds later...

One additional point:
-If your car suffered $3,200 in damage, the dealership is required by state law to file an accident report w/ the police. If they didn't, call the state police and file a complaint. The state is most likely to perform an un-biased investigation and you can sue the dealership.

Your insurance won't increase because you won't be listed as the driver. However, their insurance will increase and their insurance company will want details as well.
If the dealer violated the law you'll stand a good chance of winning a civil case and someone at the dealership may be arrested.

Last edited by march; 03-27-2008 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode