New Cobalt Guy with Several Questions
Not sure what category to place this in since new member and I have several questions within different categories........so here goes.
New to Cobalt but am a die-heart Chevy/GM guy. Not a mechanic by trade but done my share of pulling/replacing engines/tranny's, engine rebuilds, auto painting and maintenance/repair.
I bought a yellow (favorite color) 06 LT coupe with 2.2 and auto tranny in December 2016, which I now have put over 4,000 miles on. So for the questions.......
- This morning on the way to work after hitting a (pretty good) bump in the road, the T/C and ABS lights both came on in the DIC. Turned the car off for several minutes. Started back up and the lights were off. When I get home tonight I hook up the OBD-II scanner and see if there are any stored codes. Any ideas or common problems?
- Auto tranny. I remember when replacing the engine in my daughters 2001 Caviler Z24 that there was no dipstick but rather a red screw plug hidden under some engine bay accessories. Looks to be the same scenario here. What is the proper way to determine the fluid level?
- I had a little vibration which seemed to be coming from the front. I had the rotors turned down and the wheels re-balanced. I also replaced the steering shaft. (What a pain in the tail that was since the old one wouldn't collapse.) Seemed to take a lot of the vibration away. I had the front up on jack stands and decided to put the e-brake on and run it in drive to see if the wheels were bent. They were okay. However, when I tried to restart the car after this, it would start and die immediately. Then would restart again with no issues. Went through this cycle about a day or so. Starts okay now. Should I be concerned about anything here?
- Any issues known when disconnecting the battery? I know that disconnecting the battery on my wife's 07 Trail Blazer messed up one of the HVAC actuators.
- Last but not least........ How do I post an avatar? I have a jpeg file on my computer less than the maximum file size and dimensions allowed, but will not upload.
Any and all help would greatly be appreciated.