Throttle Body Relearn 2006 Cobalt from High Idle
I have a 2006 Chevy Cobalt Manual i cleaned my throttle body. Put it back together soon as I started it up I had a high idle to 1500 RPM. It took me three days to find out how to get normal idle 1000 RPM. It's a simple follow these simple instructions only work for manuals.
1. Put your Emergency brake on
2. Put your foot on the clutch and start your car.
3. While your foot is still down on the clutch put your carin first gear
4. Now slowly let off the clutch until you see your RPM drop to 1000 and hold it right there for 60 seconds.
5. After 60 seconds put your gear in neutral let off your clutch and your RPMs should stay at 1000.
6. Let your car run for 60 seconds
7. Then turn your car off for 60 seconds.
Repeat theses steps three times and your problem will be fixed.