GMs Chevrolet Cruze Promises Excellent Interiors - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Chevy Cruze Discussion General Chevy Cruze Discussion

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 10:05 AM Thread Starter
Admin

Garage
GMs Chevrolet Cruze Promises Excellent Interiors

Chevrolet Cruze brags ample interior space, amazing cargo capacity and comfortable seating for five. General Motors, US car maker launched its mid-level luxury sedan Chevrolet Cruze in India. This is Chevy’s all new entry into the compact segment.

Chevrolet Cruze is the consequence of a growth process tackling GM’s global expertise and is the first of a new family of compact products that will deliver world class quality. GM Chevrolet Cruze was first unveiled at the Paris Motor show in October 2009. Chevrolet Cruze is designed and developed to be sold around the world. The company claims that the car would give a mileage of 18.3 kilometre per litre, according to the Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI) standards.

General Motors has also planned to launch the small car Chevrolet Beat, a Hyundai i10 baiting hatchback for around Rs 4.8-6 lakh this December in 2010. Chevrolet Cruze will take on the tough competition from Honda Civic and Toyota Corolla which have the upper midsize segment.

The car has been introduced at an aggressive price tag of Rs 10.99 lakh for the Cruze LT variant and Rs 12.45 lakh for the fully loaded LTZ variant, both prices ex-showroom Thane. The pre- launch bookings of the car have said to reach the bar of 1,100 units. Chevrolet Cruze has been launched exclusively with the 2-litre diesel engine with 150 bhp and 33 kgm of peak torque.

The 2.0 VCDi has been seen before in Chevrolet Captiva. The Cruze comes with 3 engine options starting with the 112 bhp 1.6 Litre 4 cylinder petrol, another 1.8 Litre 140 bhp petrol and the 2.0 Litre turbocharged common rail diesel engine from the Captiva SUV. Chevrolet Cruze features a bold stylish front with large headlamp housings which is wrap around the front corners and sweep up like arrow, into the fenders with sculpted hood. Chevrolet Cruze includes a stylish interior features with a double cockpit design that was first introduced in the iconic Chevrolet Corvette sports car.

Chevrolet Cruze is the first vehicle by General Motors that produced at a revamped Delta 2 platform, an architecture which will be used for all small cars of General Motors around the globe.

Chevrolet Cruze will be full with superior integrated Blaupunkt RDS Radio / CD player with MP3 CD capability with Six CD Changer audio system with six integrated speakers that offer high class entertainment. Its highly developed audio system will be available with MP3 Auxiliary Input Jack and with USB Socket to connect devices like pen drive, mobile phones etc.

General Motors India President and Managing Director Karl Slym said, “The Cruze has been receiving rave reviews since its recent debut in some other markets. We expect it to perform well against the established D-segment players.”

“GM’s investments in manufacturing the Cruze in India is a demonstration of our sustained commitment to making Chevrolet the most admired and preferred vehicle brand in this country,” Slym added.

Source: GM€™s Chevrolet Cruze promises excellent interiors | Ub News

Last edited by Admin; 10-12-2009 at 12:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 11:19 AM
Newcomer

First lol
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 04:15 PM
Contributor

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to CoffinTramp
Umm okay. I'm curious about this Chevy Beat now... Interesting name at least!
The Cruze is sounding pretty damn nice, but it's sounding like there's too much going on in it for me.

has basically dropped off the face of the planet... moved and still havent had internet installed at the new place

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 04:33 PM
Say What again!
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
It wouldn't surprise me if the quality is super-high. I mean, look at all their (well, Chevy's) new vehicles out: The Malibu, the Traverse, the Camaro and the Equinox - all are absolutely top notch.

While up on Woodward during this summer, an engineer stopped in with his M-plated Chevy Spark, and I have to say, I was impressed a great deal.

1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z - Wrecked/Sold
1998 Chevrolet Cavalier - Wrecked/Donated
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - M62 Supercharger, Ported Throttle Body, 42 lb/hr Injectors, Intense 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger, SS/TC Exhaust, TTR Engine and Trans Mounts, Trifecta Tune, ZZP Header and Downpipe, '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, SSC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, SS/SC Front Swaybar, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, 18" MSR 045s, Dunlop ZIIs, Nightshaded Tails/Side Markers, Shorty Antenna, Black Bowties, Black Grilles, Black Headlights, Dual JL 12" w1v2 Subs, A/D/S Front/Rear Speakers, Pioneer 7" Touchscreen, G85 Recaros, Leather Rear Seats, 160 MPH Cluster.
2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel - 17" MSR 013s, Black Bowties, Black Tails, UR Rear Lower Bar
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - JVC Ribbon Tweeters, SEAS Mids, Pyle Woofers, Kenwood Tape Deck, Zapco Amp/Equilizer, Ceramic-Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
2017 Chevrolet Volt LT - Black Bowties
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 04:38 PM
Contributor

Garage
Oh yeah, they'll at least look fancy. They've got quite a few concept cars/trucks that I'd love to see. I'm just feeling a bit bitter over the Cruze replacing the Cobalt.

has basically dropped off the face of the planet... moved and still havent had internet installed at the new place
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 06:55 PM
Forum God

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP81 View Post
It wouldn't surprise me if the quality is super-high. I mean, look at all their (well, Chevy's) new vehicles out: The Malibu, the Traverse, the Camaro and the Equinox - all are absolutely top notch.

While up on Woodward during this summer, an engineer stopped in with his M-plated Chevy Spark, and I have to say, I was impressed a great deal.

thats BOMB!! wheres Woodward at? lol

R.I.P. :(

Hello
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 07:06 PM
Say What again!
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
It stretches from Detroit, MI to Pontiac, MI.

It hosts the Woodward Dream Cruise each year, which is the largest gathering of cars in the world. It's HUGE. But people are always out cruising during the nice-weather season.

M-1 (Michigan highway) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z - Wrecked/Sold
1998 Chevrolet Cavalier - Wrecked/Donated
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - M62 Supercharger, Ported Throttle Body, 42 lb/hr Injectors, Intense 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger, SS/TC Exhaust, TTR Engine and Trans Mounts, Trifecta Tune, ZZP Header and Downpipe, '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, SSC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, SS/SC Front Swaybar, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, 18" MSR 045s, Dunlop ZIIs, Nightshaded Tails/Side Markers, Shorty Antenna, Black Bowties, Black Grilles, Black Headlights, Dual JL 12" w1v2 Subs, A/D/S Front/Rear Speakers, Pioneer 7" Touchscreen, G85 Recaros, Leather Rear Seats, 160 MPH Cluster.
2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel - 17" MSR 013s, Black Bowties, Black Tails, UR Rear Lower Bar
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - JVC Ribbon Tweeters, SEAS Mids, Pyle Woofers, Kenwood Tape Deck, Zapco Amp/Equilizer, Ceramic-Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
2017 Chevrolet Volt LT - Black Bowties
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 08:06 AM
Contributor

Garage
Also, I just might drive one of those when it comes out... They look nice, and dare I say, cute. I'm keeping a death grip on my 'balt though...

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 12:00 AM
Veteran

I want to see the Spark for sure, but I don't think it would be practical for me...I think the next step for me will either be my wife's Aura XR when she wants to buy her Mini or a Cruze.

I felt the same way when they announced the Cobalt was replacing the Cavalier...I loved the Cavalier for years. My dad had an 84 Type 10 coupe that lasted until the late 90's (I think about 15 years...which is amazing since he stopped changing the oil in it after about 6 or 8 years). That thing was a nice car for what it was. He had a 92 Beretta after that and it was a piece compared to the Cavalier in certain ways. I loved the 2nd and 3rd gen Cavaliers (Z24's especially).

-Mike
|07' LS Sedan|Ultra Silver|Auto|MTX X Thunderlink|Debadged|35% Tint|Sportlines|Injen CAI|ARK Antenna|ARK STB| OTTP "Street" bar|Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position 205-60-15|Hawk PC pads|PowerSlot Slotted rotors|

Not installed yet: Pacesetter Header|Exhaust Depot DP|LSJ Cat-Back|Injen Hydroshield|MSR 045 18x8 Black w/ Red Pinstripe
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 10:26 PM
Contributor

I;m sorry guys ,but the Chevy Cruze interior doesn't look any better then say the 2010 Dodge Caliber:

Or the 2010 Ford Focus:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode