Chevy Cruze Wagon? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Chevy Cruze Discussion General Chevy Cruze Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
Admin

Garage
Chevy Cruze Wagon?

Reports out of India suggest that development of the long-rumored Chevrolet Cruze Wagon may be well underway. The wagon was spied by one of IndianAutosBlog.com's readers, and published on their site.

A comparison of this photo with a picture showing the full length of the Cruze Sedan shows many similarities. The windshield rake looks almost identical, with the roofline peaking at the same point over the b-pillar. The shape of the front side window, front door, side sills, and wheels looks very comparable. A change in the rear door, and rear side windows would be expected to match the added length, but the rear light cluster and rear bumper matches up pretty close.

It is also important to note that the car in the photograph shares a similar shape with the 2010 Cadillac CTS Sport Wagon, although the CTS is about 260 mm longer. GM serves as the parent company to both Cadillac and Chevy.

If Chevy does build a Cruze Wagon, there is no guarantee it would be available worldwide. The Cruze is in production in China, India, Russia, and South Korea, with three more plants (Australia, Thailand, U.S.) adding production next year. Chevy is building the car globally to more easily offer modified versions to fit local markets, including the five-door hatch to be sold in Australia as a Holden.

Market launch of the Cruze lineup began earlier this year in parts of Africa, Asia, and Europe. It will appear in North America beginning this spring. The car was also formally launched in the Indian market earlier today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 08:58 AM
Yay go me
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

thats some cool stuff there. But i really dont like the look of the car im not a big wagon fan.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2009, 11:28 AM
Contributor

It reminds me of a Ford Focus....

Mods: debaged, carbon fiber hood, painted interior trim, lowered

2008 Sport Sedan 2.4

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2009, 01:25 PM
Veteran

I like the idea of this more than the sedan....I'll take one...please let them build a wagon version. I know, I'm sad...lol.

Good for hauling stuff once in a while (don't have need for a truck or SUV right now). Would also be good for taking the dog places...could put his crate back there.

-Mike
|07' LS Sedan|Ultra Silver|Auto|MTX X Thunderlink|Debadged|35% Tint|Sportlines|Injen CAI|ARK Antenna|ARK STB| OTTP "Street" bar|Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position 205-60-15|Hawk PC pads|PowerSlot Slotted rotors|

Not installed yet: Pacesetter Header|Exhaust Depot DP|LSJ Cat-Back|Injen Hydroshield|MSR 045 18x8 Black w/ Red Pinstripe
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2009, 02:39 PM
HTx
Forum Regular

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAGrunt View Post
It reminds me of a Ford Focus....
The Focus is such a small car, no where near as long and spacious as this one appears to be. I do also see the similarities between the CTS, which isn't neccesarily a bad thing, because the CTS is a pretty nice vehicle (I just hope it has more power than the CTS). I'm not really a huge fan of hatch-backs, but this one actually looks pretty nice.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 09:02 AM
Contributor

i think it looks tight. more like a ms3 or suby than a focus, not sure where that came from lol
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 09:11 AM
Cobalt Master

Garage
Wagons are just

^^<==---___-A_m_e_r_i_c_a_n M_u_s_c_l_e-___---==>^^
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 09:33 AM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLbLue View Post
i think it looks tight. more like a ms3 or suby than a focus, not sure where that came from lol
Look at a 2003 Focus ZX5, the Cruze Wagon looks like a longer version of it to me.

Mods: debaged, carbon fiber hood, painted interior trim, lowered

2008 Sport Sedan 2.4
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 09:44 AM
Contributor

i guess it does a little bit, to me tho, it looks more like a ms3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode