1.4 Turbo - Page 5 - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Chevy Cruze Discussion General Chevy Cruze Discussion

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 10:00 AM
Forum Regular

Garage
well i think u may have a point there. if you stick a tiny motor in any car it has the potential to get decent mileage at speed, but stick a slightly bigger motor in it and in the real world it will get even better mileage overall. then you can do things like change the gear ratios and the way the computer controls fuel management, but mostly you dont have to stomp on the gas all the time just to get up to speed. anyone seen the top gear episode where the bmw m5 got better mileage than a prius? that wasnt necessarily a real world test that works for every situation, but it proves a point, its all in the way you drive, and if i had to deal with anything more underpowered than the cobalt, i would probably break it (while getting crappy mileage too).

man am i glad i didn't buy an aveo...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 11:08 AM
Expert

Garage
ill be interested to see, cuz being a fuel economy car and not built like the lnf i dont see the power going too much higher over 200 without the whole thing blowing to pieces. and i bet it will be a long ass time before they start producing internals. i dont think the turbo will be the issue, i think it will be the internals...

07 Laser Blue LT Sedan
My Car Domain:http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3805600
4 Doors = More Whores
post #43 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 11:18 AM
Forum God

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroheadZ28 View Post
Absolutely not unless they make some 1.8L SS turbo variant, that'll be cutting it close too.
well think about it,
cobalt: 148hp, 155tq
cruze: 138hp @4900, 148tq @1850

thats a lot of low end torque for a really good take off then it has a 6spd, o n its boosted which means much more potential, if the LNF was making 290 with stage1 imagine this little thing, no im not saying its gonna have as much balls as the lnf but i think it can actually get up to beat some stock Si's....aftermarket is gonna include charge pipes, intake exhaust, intercooler etc

well thats my opinion

R.I.P. :(

Hello
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode