Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Connecting Backup Camera Wiring

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Serfma 
#1 ·
I did reference https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/electrical/30073-how-wire-backup-camera-into-trunk.html but its closed and doesn't offer enough details.

I have a license plate style rear camera I am trying to wire to 2010 Cobalt.
I can't figure out the easiest way to wire from the license plate to the tail light.
I removed the plastic cover ( see screenshot below) hoping to reveal a way to the wires but there is none, just the inner frame housing of the car with no way to get to the wiring on the other side where the license is at.
If I try to trace the wiring for the bulb by the plate it seems to run along the bumper to the left side of car.
I really don't want to remove the bumper and don't want to drill unless everyone agrees there is no other option.

Image of plastic cover IMAG0221.jpg Photo by Coby007 | Photobucket

#2 ·
This is months later -- but in hopes to help you or any future people:

I took off the clips off the top of the bumper cover (below where the trunk rubber seal is) and the screws that are underneath the rear lights (have to pull them out) and pulled the top of the bumper just far enough that I could push the wiring through the hole of the license plate light and up far enough to grab them up top and pull them over to the right rear light.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.