06 Cobalt LS Turbo Build Q&A - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Engine Mods Talk about Chevy Cobalt Engine Modifications here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

06 Cobalt LS Turbo Build Q&A

Hey Guys & Gals,

So I am piecing together parts and information on putting together a turbo build for my 06 Cobalt LS. I just picked it up this summer for a really good deal from an older lady. It has been garage kept its whole life and only has 38,XXX miles on it. Since I practically got it for free I have some money to put into it. I decided on a turbo build and started doing some research into some of the other LS turbo builds on here and other forums but there are not too many. So for the questions:

1. ZZP makes a good turbo kit for the LS and includes a tune for about $3k but I can get a kit with all similar parts (maybe not as high quality) on ebay for about $800 (and then a $400 custom tune). Is the ZZP kit forth spending the extra money on or would the ebay kit and other additional parts put together give me similar performance and quality results?

2. What is a good reputable suspension system to look into. I am deciding between Air and Coil Overs. Pros and cons from personal use?

3. I understand the replacing the rods, pistons, and valve springs is essential in order to handle the increased boost and power for the engine. How soon should I look into doing this?

4. ZZP makes and exhaust system but are there other ones that are suggested, possibly cheaper?

5. What body panels (ie. bumper, trunk, hood, fenders, skirts...) would fit on the LS if taken off an SS?

Any other suggestions, or comments, links, forums would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
cobalt ls , turbo build

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode