2008 LT 2.2 Auto - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Engine Mods Talk about Chevy Cobalt Engine Modifications here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 07:57 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

2008 LT 2.2 Auto

I tried looking around for this but couldnt find any answers.

I've had my cobalt for 1 year this month and now I think I'm ready to begin modifying it. I have several parts and items picked out that I'm still going through to see what is the best option. My question is: Everytime I look for parts everything is separated by year and I never see parts listed for 2008, does this mean I can use the same parts as an 07?

I'm looking into a few exhaust systems and header setups (trying to find something that doesnt sound ricey). Also looking into the CAI as well. Still have to get wheels and tires as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 01:50 PM
Forum Regular

for wheels and tires check tirerack.com they have amazing prices and they will match the wheels to your car based on year and model. I had great service when i ordered my wheels through them and i highly recommend them.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 05:44 PM
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
first thing your going to need to figure out is if you have secondary air injection. im not 100 percent sure, but i would guess you do. there are a lot of threads on this here, with pictures to show you what it looks like.https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/eng...-what-sai.html if you have it, you are kind of limited. nobody makes an aftermarket header, and k&n makes the only intake that works with it. you can modify your stock airbox to simulate a short ram intake.https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/ins...ghlight=airbox which is what k&n sells. but IMO the stock corrugated piping constricts airflow more than the straight pipe with the k&n. all 2.2 cat backs will work. i absolutely love my gmpp cat back. no hint of rice. go to youtube and search cobalt exhaust, and plenty of sound clips will come up. and that should help with your decision. and i bought my wheels at wheelsnext.com. you just put in your year, model etc. and they will show you what they have in stock for your car. hope this helps. if anybody wants to elaborate, feel free. i just wanted to go over the basics.

Last edited by scagnetti76; 03-16-2009 at 06:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode