2.4 intake manifold and header/downpipe - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Engine Mods Talk about Chevy Cobalt Engine Modifications here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

2.4 intake manifold and header/downpipe

so what kind of gains could i expect with the 2.4l intake manifold and a header/downpipe combo?

also what would the prices probably be?

i'm 17 so money doesn't come too easy

2008 Blue Cobalt LS coupe

Mods: Sport shifter, keyless entry, shorty antenna, tinting -35% front 5% back-, airbox mod and a little intake work, spark plugs indexed, a custom cat-back, a custom license plate, and Eibach Sportlines (yeaa boi!)

Fututre Mods (in order): darker front tinting, header and dp, all sitting on 17's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 04:57 PM
Banned

all i know is 2.4l intake mani on a 2.2 is 15whp gain
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 05:12 PM
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
first off numbers dont really mean much, different cars are going to dyno different with different set ups. or even same car on different dynos. first thing you should look into(if you already havnt) is secondary air injenction. you have an 08 so you most likely have it. and will have to get a tune unless you want to drive with a cel all the time. then if you still want a header and dp, you have to decide how much you want to spend. as for the mani swap, its a great mod, but keep in mind you will loose some low end torque. ced sells them for around 250 i think. but you could get one off a stock 2.4 for much cheaper.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

i think i can get the manifold for pretty cheap but don't i need some adapting parts?

i thought the secondary air injection was in the air intake? if it is what i think it is i don't have it

Mods: Sport shifter, keyless entry, shorty antenna, tinting -35% front 5% back-, airbox mod and a little intake work, spark plugs indexed, a custom cat-back, a custom license plate, and Eibach Sportlines (yeaa boi!)

Fututre Mods (in order): darker front tinting, header and dp, all sitting on 17's
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 05:36 PM
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
not sure about the adapter on the 08. sorry. but i think i heard its just for the 05-06.
the sai function runs into your header. its just an emissions control thing. but no aftermarket header supports it. if you dont have the hose the arrow points to in the following pic your good to go! (fingers crossed)
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-07-2009, 07:16 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

yeah thats what i thought it was. nope don't have it
-----Added 7 Apr 2009 at 10:17:28-----
so does anyone know if the adapter works on the 2008?

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-07-2009, 07:17 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-07-2009, 07:24 AM
OBZ
Staff AlumniDedicated

You will see a pretty damn good gain with the header and DP I just finished my exhaust, and DAMN what a difference!

For the cheapest route, I'd suggest going with the racing solution header on this site and an LSJ (ss/sc) stock DP.

As for the intake manifold. you need the adapter plate from CED if you have an 05/06 other wise you just need a few other things.. I suggest just buying the kit.. Then you can sell the adapter plate if you don't need it.
-----Added 7 Apr 2009 at 10:26:18-----
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe sloppy View Post
I don't think you need the adapter, but I do know you can use the 2.4 mani on an 08. A guy on CSS.net even did a how-to

"A wise man speaks because he has something to say,
A fool speaks because he has to say something"
OBZ's showoff thread!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode