turbo vs. supercharge - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Engine Mods Talk about Chevy Cobalt Engine Modifications here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 10:35 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jnicks510
turbo vs. supercharge

so i've been thinking about my future mods and i havent really started any performance mods because i want to have a set plan before i start. so now i've come to the great debate of tc vs sc. theres a guy selling a whole eaton m62 kit with all the components for $2500 on css. he has an auto too and is up to 265bhp just with that kit. i dont really have the money at the moment but that would be my first choice. i was also thinking of getting the garrett turbo essentials kit. about how much power would i expect from that including the tune? and which would you all rather prefer?

'08 MiBalt LT Sedan
Mods:
17" Konig Unknowns; Eibach Sportlines; Debadged; Custom Dash Trim (in the process of repainting); Shorty Antenna; Black Stock Headlights; 10k HIDs
SC BUILD COMING SOON!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 12:28 PM
Forum Regular

Send a message via MSN to boondoggle13
with a 4 cylider car turbo it up (imo)

2008 COBALT LT: Totally debadged Injen cold air intake Magnaflow cat back exhaust and tip painted calipers red MPx Shorty Antenna B&m shift plus

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 12:59 PM
Veteran

In either case piece together your own kit which will be much cheaper then buying one pre assembled.

As for which one to do, it really depends on what you are looking for power wise out of your car. I used to have a sticky here but I think it's gone that explained why you should set goals first then buy parts. It saves you money long term.

Repopulating yourcobalt.com one post at a time.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 04:15 PM
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
this is just MY opinion. but if i do it, i plan on going sc. its cheaper, easier, and honestly i LOVE the sc sound. if i got any where near 265 to the wheels, that would be more thatn plenty for me. those are some of my thoughts on that issue.
and garret claims 70 hp with the alpha kit.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jnicks510
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMADreamer View Post
In either case piece together your own kit which will be much cheaper then buying one pre assembled.

As for which one to do, it really depends on what you are looking for power wise out of your car. I used to have a sticky here but I think it's gone that explained why you should set goals first then buy parts. It saves you money long term.
power (hp wise) im hoping to get atleast 210 to the wheels and not have a big dent in my bank account. piecing together my own kit will be a big struggle for me since im still farely new to modding and a complete noob when it comes to tc and sc. he had a list of the parts in the kit and i was thinking of just going by that list and creating my own kit but i think individually those parts will be more expensive. so idk im going to keep researching and looking around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagnetti76 View Post
this is just MY opinion. but if i do it, i plan on going sc. its cheaper, easier, and honestly i LOVE the sc sound. if i got any where near 265 to the wheels, that would be more thatn plenty for me. those are some of my thoughts on that issue.
and garret claims 70 hp with the alpha kit.
yeah i love the sounds of the sc too and 265bhp would be amazing! im really still looking around and researching before i make my final decision (not that im financially capable of buying either at the moment lol). hopefully i can get some responses from the members that have turbo or supercharged their balts

'08 MiBalt LT Sedan
Mods:
17" Konig Unknowns; Eibach Sportlines; Debadged; Custom Dash Trim (in the process of repainting); Shorty Antenna; Black Stock Headlights; 10k HIDs
SC BUILD COMING SOON!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode