Is this any good? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Engine Mods Talk about Chevy Cobalt Engine Modifications here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Is this any good?

JDM SRS CATBACK EXHAUST SYSTEM 05-07 CHEVY COBALT 2.2L:eBay Motors (item 220431758101 end time Jul-09-09 17:05:58 PDT)

i dont really know alot about performance mods and was wondering if i could get some opinions fromn you guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 05:19 PM
Expert

ehh.. all i know is wen it come's to exhuast bolt-on kit's they usually need some tweekin and sometime's its tweeking you cant do...and with the cobalt it's a fairly unrestricted exhuast in the first place just cut the muffler out and get a different put in.. cobalt's already come with a factory style high flow cat and a resonater doesnt do ne thing but reduce sound. all in all it's still a straight thru design after the cat

ballin outta control in a camo balt
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 05:54 PM
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by that07balt View Post
ehh.. all i know is wen it come's to exhuast bolt-on kit's they usually need some tweekin and sometime's its tweeking you cant do...and with the cobalt it's a fairly unrestricted exhuast in the first place just cut the muffler out and get a different put in.. cobalt's already come with a factory style high flow cat and a resonater doesnt do ne thing but reduce sound. all in all it's still a straight thru design after the cat
i (respectfully) disagree. i know i felt a difference going from a flowmaster muffler to the GMPP. not much, but its there. mostly top end, and im sure it will help after more mods.

to the op, ive never heard of the srs.
if your trying to decide between the srs and the tsudo, id get the tsudo. basically the same price. and i havent heard anything bad about the tsudo's quallity. but like that07 said, it needs some tweaking so it doesnt melt your bumper.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 08:06 PM
OBZ
Staff AlumniDedicated

The one in the link won't fit the 2.2 (if it really is the one pictured) the one pictured has a 3 bolt flange. 2.2's, 2.4's and SS/SC's have a 2 bolt flange. SS/TC's have a 3 bolt flange though

"A wise man speaks because he has something to say,
A fool speaks because he has to say something"
OBZ's showoff thread!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-10-2009, 08:08 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBZ View Post
The one in the link won't fit the 2.2 (if it really is the one pictured) the one pictured has a 3 bolt flange. 2.2's, 2.4's and SS/SC's have a 2 bolt flange. SS/TC's have a 3 bolt flange though
Thanks alot ill keep looking around

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagnetti76 View Post
i (respectfully) disagree. i know i felt a difference going from a flowmaster muffler to the GMPP. not much, but its there. mostly top end, and im sure it will help after more mods.

to the op, ive never heard of the srs.
if your trying to decide between the srs and the tsudo, id get the tsudo. basically the same price. and i havent heard anything bad about the tsudo's quallity. but like that07 said, it needs some tweaking so it doesnt melt your bumper.
Thanks ill look into the one you mentioned
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-10-2009, 08:27 AM

I did the Psudo and love it - also noticed a difference when driving.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode