Trifecta Tune - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Engine Mods Talk about Chevy Cobalt Engine Modifications here.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-29-2009, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 600
Garage
Send a message via AIM to CobaltKatsu Send a message via MSN to CobaltKatsu
Trifecta Tune

I think im confused. What exactly does this do?



2008 Silver LS, 2.2L, 18" wheels, Airbox Mod Rockford Fosgate 10s', Stock Deck, 20% Tint, 10k HIDs, Tsudo N-1, Megan Racing Coilovers
CobaltKatsu is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-30-2009, 01:43 AM
Contributor
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 344
Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Tom
removes limiters, makes more power, makes your car run perfect for this enviornment, gets the most out of your mods, fixes speedos for tire size changes...etc
Cobalt Tom is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-30-2009, 06:32 AM
OBZ
Staff AlumniDedicated


 
OBZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: S.L.C. UT.
Posts: 3,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt Tom View Post
removes limiters, makes more power, makes your car run perfect for this enviornment, gets the most out of your mods, fixes speedos for tire size changes...etc
I never thought of that, but thats nice that triecta does that



"A wise man speaks because he has something to say,
A fool speaks because he has to say something"
OBZ's showoff thread!
OBZ is offline  
 
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-30-2009, 12:55 PM
Cobalt Specialist
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 1,250
Forgot one that it can do...voids powertrain warranty.

Ex-Cobalt Owner
Red07SSNA is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-30-2009, 01:05 PM
Contributor
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 344
Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Tom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red07SSNA View Post
Forgot one that it can do...voids powertrain warranty.
it does not, they have to prove it caused it, they can release as many tsb's about it that they want and it doesnt make it any more legal. Also, most that get tuned have done enough (header, dp, exahust, intake, intake mani, tb, pullies, etc) to get most things voided anyway


bottom line is GM is not above the law and if they want to void your warranty because of a tune they have to prove the tune cause it

/discussion you cant argue with the written law
Cobalt Tom is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-30-2009, 04:19 PM
Cobalt Specialist
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 1,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt Tom View Post
it does not, they have to prove it caused it, they can release as many tsb's about it that they want and it doesnt make it any more legal. Also, most that get tuned have done enough (header, dp, exahust, intake, intake mani, tb, pullies, etc) to get most things voided anyway


bottom line is GM is not above the law and if they want to void your warranty because of a tune they have to prove the tune cause it

/discussion you cant argue with the written law
YOU are 100% incorrect!!! Search the web...you need to educate yourself. There is a TSB on this subject. If you have an engine or tranny problem, they will check for ANY adjustments to the ECM tune -- they don't have to prove anything. GM does not have to honor the warranty when you mess with their ECM because you have altered the basic parameters of the car they sold you. Just like if your aftermarket wheel falls off because the stud broke -- they won't have to warrant that either because you made an alteration to the car. Heck, read your owners manual.

Ex-Cobalt Owner
Red07SSNA is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-30-2009, 04:27 PM
Veteran
 
burzumaske20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 594
yeah he is right,GM will do anything to make sure not to cover your car.

2006 Chevy Cobalt LT
Synthetic oil
K&N air intake system
Custom 2.5" dynomax exhaust system
B&M shiftplus
B&M tranny cooler
Catless Downpipe
stainless steel pacesetter header
5900k light bulbs
2.4 intake manifold
burzumaske20 is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-30-2009, 05:47 PM
Cobalt Specialist
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 1,115
classic example:

Lets say you have your car bone stock except for a tune. You blow your transmission. You take it do the dealer to have them fix it under warranty. They see your car is tuned and say "Your car is tuned, it is producing more then 205 horsepower, the transmission is only built for 205 horsepower. Therefore the transmission is not covered under warranty because your tune made it blow."

/discussion

2007 Black LT coupe
35% Tint all around - Completly debadged - Side Moldings Removed
KICKER ZX 650 RMS interior amp - KICKER ZX1000 RMS Sub Amp
1 KICKER 12" L7 - All new pioneer interiors - Pioneer Avic Z2 W/ GPS
Rockford 1 Farad capcitor - Trunk, Doors, and Rear deck Dynamated - PS2 with guitar hero
Blue footwell neons - Two Alpine type S Tweeters

Engine mods:
K&N air filter
^^^RIP^^^
2006 TBSS!
xyankees214x is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-30-2009, 06:06 PM
Contributor
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 344
Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Tom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red07SSNA View Post
YOU are 100% incorrect!!! Search the web...you need to educate yourself. There is a TSB on this subject. If you have an engine or tranny problem, they will check for ANY adjustments to the ECM tune -- they don't have to prove anything. GM does not have to honor the warranty when you mess with their ECM because you have altered the basic parameters of the car they sold you. Just like if your aftermarket wheel falls off because the stud broke -- they won't have to warrant that either because you made an alteration to the car. Heck, read your owners manual.
again, READ THE LAW GM is NOT above the law, they could write a tsb saying you drive more then 2 miles without stopping and we void your warranty, sure its a tsb, but the law would tell them to f off just like now....it has been said before adn will be said again, and now!!!! they have to PROVE that what you did caused the failure. if your exhaust hanger fails or your lower control arm or your exhaust bolts snap and you have a tune they cannot void your warranty cause of the tune unless they prove the tune caused it. If your tranny breaks or your blow a piston, yes, that is true they can, but not for anyhting, you all make it seem like GM is above the law and can get away with dong what they want cause they wrote it down...this is NOT the case.
Im not saying someone wont try, but you should fight for your [ULEGAL[/U] rights here
Cobalt Tom is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome