Looking for a muffler - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Engine Mods Talk about Chevy Cobalt Engine Modifications here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-01-2009, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Looking for a muffler

I was checking out the GMPP touring catback and I really like the sound. I'm not sure I want to do the whole system, though. Is there a way to get just the muffler or is there one with a similar sound?

"Comet" 2007 LT Coupe, Summit White :grin:

Planned Mods:
Fender/Headlight Repair, Body Paint Job, Interior Trim Paint Job, Side Stripes, New Intake/Exhaust System, 17" Wheels, Whitewall tires, Nightshading, 3rd brake light cover, Pedal covers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-01-2009, 04:07 PM
OBZ
Staff AlumniDedicated

If you are actually going to do performance mods like mentioned in your other thread, a muffler is a waste of time..

"A wise man speaks because he has something to say,
A fool speaks because he has to say something"
OBZ's showoff thread!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-01-2009, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

That's just it, not sure I want to.

Planned Mods:
Fender/Headlight Repair, Body Paint Job, Interior Trim Paint Job, Side Stripes, New Intake/Exhaust System, 17" Wheels, Whitewall tires, Nightshading, 3rd brake light cover, Pedal covers

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-01-2009, 04:15 PM
OBZ
Staff AlumniDedicated

Well you need to think of what your long term goals for the car are before you start modding. With many mods there is no going back..

"A wise man speaks because he has something to say,
A fool speaks because he has to say something"
OBZ's showoff thread!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-01-2009, 05:31 PM
Veteran

If you think you want a few bolt-ons now, then decide later you want to go forced induction, you'll have wasted a lot of money that you won't get back.

For instance, lets say you buy an intake, 2.4 mani and tb. Then you decide to go supercharged...well you wasted a few hundred dollars at least.

Now on the other hand, if you buy a header, dp, and exhaust and decide to go turbo, you wasted money on at least the header. DP and exhaust might be usable for the turbo, but you may have to go larger than that...

It all depends. It's always smart to plan ahead like OBZ said...what are your long term goals?

I myself and looking at intake, header, dp, cat-back, and tune. That's it for power adders. My goal is a mix of fuel economy and a little extra hp. Now down the road (say 3 years or so) I may choose to go S/C. However, I will probably be buying a Solstice/Sky for a fun car so I doubt it. As much as I'd like to and as much fun it would be to have a sleeper.

-Mike
|07' LS Sedan|Ultra Silver|Auto|MTX X Thunderlink|Debadged|35% Tint|Sportlines|Injen CAI|ARK Antenna|ARK STB| OTTP "Street" bar|Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position 205-60-15|Hawk PC pads|PowerSlot Slotted rotors|

Not installed yet: Pacesetter Header|Exhaust Depot DP|LSJ Cat-Back|Injen Hydroshield|MSR 045 18x8 Black w/ Red Pinstripe
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-01-2009, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CobaltLS View Post
what are your long term goals?
I'm not sure. I can't decide if I really want extra power, or if the illusion of more power would be enough.

Planned Mods:
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-01-2009, 09:37 PM
Contributor

the illusion of power is never enough, lol, you want the power
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-02-2009, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

You're probably right msteeg. Guess I'd better start saving my pennies. Hey, anyone know where I could get a burned titanium muffler tip?

Planned Mods:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode