LNF Tune's Guide - Page 3 - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Engine Mods Talk about Chevy Cobalt Engine Modifications here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2012, 08:30 PM
Forum Regular

fyi the gm sensors can onlybe used for one car and never switchedto a different one unles you completely switch computers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2012, 08:11 AM Thread Starter
Levee
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member
Admin

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Leveecius
Quote:
Originally Posted by BankerBalt View Post
see, the downside to having a shop do a trifecta is that the closest one is 3 hours north in superior, wi. at least that's the only one that i know of. and if/when i plan on doing FI, there's no way i can get my car up there after i install everything without paying a thousand bucks for a flatbed up there. hp tuners is expensive as hell compared to trifecta for nearly the exact same gains, so i don't wanna blow 1000 bucks on a tune instead of 250 if i don't have to. i'm sure there's dyno's near me, would i be able to somewhat custom tune my car with FI and then go to a dyno and have them do the rest? the tune is the only thing that's really holding me back and keeping me skeptical about doing any kind of supercharging on my car, so that's why i kind of need these answers :/
You may have your answer already but let me give this for others who may need it as well. HP tuners is only expensive if you buy it, but having the ability to adjust your tune anytime you need to with your laptop is what makes it worth it. However, the only thing I don't really like about Trifecta, even tho they do great work, is the fact that you have to wait for the tunes to be re-written if they need it. And Trifecta last I knew could send you the tuner with the tune loaded on it and you can just hook it up and load the tune on your car yourself. No need to have a shop do it, the only problem with the trifecta way of doing it, is that you never know what they are doing to the tune and if an adjustment needs to be made you have to wait till the working hours for that to be made so you have downtime on your car, where HPtuners you can fix it right there on the spot. Just a simple the pleasure of availability to me. But honestly if you want to go trifecta, I don't discourage you from doing so, just know, for a shop to work on your car, especially if it's custom (believe me I had a custom turbo setup on my cobalt), having the ease of being able to adjust things on the spot after the build is finished, will make it 10 times easier on the shop to make the vehicle safer to roll out. A lot of shops that are good won't roll a custom car out without knowing it's running correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmaddox View Post
I hate to sound dumb, but what is are the BAR3 maps?

Anyone every have trouble with the stock blow off valve spring being to weak after getting a tune done?
BAR 3 MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) sensors are what help your computer see exactly how much air pressure you're running in your engine. Now BAR sensors range from 1-5 on most gasoline cars, but go higher on diesels. The SS/TC cobalts came with BAR 2 Map sensors, which can only read so much boost, and after you reach it's max, the ECU will start guessing on your fuel trims, thus throwing your fuel off. So the BAR 3 upgrade allows you to see up to 27-30 psi, depending on the brand, so your car can accurately adjust the fuel as needed to maintain a properly running engine.

Now as for the BPV (By-Pass Valve (the cobalt ss/tc's came with BPV, not BOV's )), I had issues with my BPV leaking after 18psi. I know Dejon makes BPV spring upgrades, and it puts a 22lb spring in there (good for 30psi btw), and is only a couple of bucks. It takes 3 bolts to take off from the BPV housing, take the spring out and put the new one in (not as easy as it sounds putting the new one in).

Sorry to bring up an old post, but I figured I'd put in some helpful info for those who may need it later.

'09 SS/TC - Stolen
Mods - Injen CAI, CIA MAF Relocate CP's, Dejon FMIC,
Custom 3" DP, 3" Exhaust, GT3076R, Pioneer AVH-4100DVD, Hurst STS, ZZP triple pod, Autometer Cobalt boost/DPIC/WB gauges, Nitto NT05 245/40/18's, H&R Springs, 80:20 Meth Spray
Future - KSport Kontrol Pro Coilovers, 10% Tint, FMIC spray
538whp/501wtq @38 psi on meth and 93 oct on stock ish motor

06 EVO IX MR/SE - Sold
Mods - *Updated 10/6/13* AEM TRUboost EBC, 4in custom TBE, SD dual 93/e85 tune, ETS 4in Race Core FMIC, Dual Aeromotive 400lph Fuel Pumps, T4 Tubular Manifold w/ dual WG's, FP Super99HTZ DBB Turbo, GSC 274 mivec cams, ARP headstuds/rod studs, FIC 2150cc Injectors, Aeromotive FPR, Aeromotive Fuel Rail, catch can, Mini Battery Kit, Slim Coolant Fan, Kiggly Racing high pressure valve Springs/Titanium Retainers, Supertech Stainless Steel Valves, Dual VTA Tial 44mm WG's, 4g64 Stroker Manley Pistons, 155mm 2.4 LR Manley Turbo Plus I Beam Rods with ARP 625 Studs, 100mm forged non-billet Manley Crankshaft, Full H/E PNP with Port Matching, Kiggly Racing Girdle, Dual Tial 50mm BOV's, Excedy Triple Disc Carbon HD Clutch, AEM EMS

'95 Ram 2500 Diesel
Mods - 5in TBE, Boost Elbow set to 28psi, Adjusted fuel pump, Open Turbo.

Future Mods- Super Street Clutch (rated @1400ftlbs tq), 67mm turbo, 160lb valve springs, added timing, tubular exhaust manifold, larger injectors, possible 6 spd swap.

Master ASE Certified Gasoline/Diesel Technician since 2004

Speed Junkies Social Group

Yourcobalt Official Facebook Page!

Syndicate of Tuners Official Page! Up and going again as of 1/11/13

Click here to PM me if you have questions or issues!
Old 10-06-2012, 08:32 AM
YourCobalt of the Quarter Winner

Garage
Haha yea I definitely got my answer. Since I posted that, I supercharged it, blew it up, made it bulletproof and now I'm pulling on modded SS/tc's. Hpt is the way to go also. same cost if not cheaper if you can find a tuner near you.

Forged L61 BW S252 Turbocharged Showoff Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 08:54 AM Thread Starter
Levee
Admin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BankerBalt View Post
Haha yea I definitely got my answer. Since I posted that, I supercharged it, blew it up, made it bulletproof and now I'm pulling on modded SS/tc's. Hpt is the way to go also. same cost if not cheaper if you can find a tuner near you.
True, or you can grab hp tuners for yourself and actually learn to tune yourself and start making some money by tuning people. That's what I did, and it made me some good money. Either way, HP tuners is NOT the way to go for the 2.2's tho. Last I knew they were not supported. But it has been a while so I could be wrong lol.

'09 SS/TC - Stolen
Custom 3" DP, 3" Exhaust, GT3076R, Pioneer AVH-4100DVD, Hurst STS, ZZP triple pod, Autometer Cobalt boost/DPIC/WB gauges, Nitto NT05 245/40/18's, H&R Springs, 80:20 Meth Spray

06 EVO IX MR/SE - Sold
Mods - *Updated 10/6/13* AEM TRUboost EBC, 4in custom TBE, SD dual 93/e85 tune, ETS 4in Race Core FMIC, Dual Aeromotive 400lph Fuel Pumps, T4 Tubular Manifold w/ dual WG's, FP Super99HTZ DBB Turbo, GSC 274 mivec cams, ARP headstuds/rod studs, FIC 2150cc Injectors, Aeromotive FPR, Aeromotive Fuel Rail, catch can, Mini Battery Kit, Slim Coolant Fan, Kiggly Racing high pressure valve Springs/Titanium Retainers, Supertech Stainless Steel Valves, Dual VTA Tial 44mm WG's, 4g64 Stroker Manley Pistons, 155mm 2.4 LR Manley Turbo Plus I Beam Rods with ARP 625 Studs, 100mm forged non-billet Manley Crankshaft, Full H/E PNP with Port Matching, Kiggly Racing Girdle, Dual Tial 50mm BOV's, Excedy Triple Disc Carbon HD Clutch, AEM EMS

'95 Ram 2500 Diesel

Future Mods- Super Street Clutch (rated @1400ftlbs tq), 67mm turbo, 160lb valve springs, added timing, tubular exhaust manifold, larger injectors, possible 6 spd swap.

Old 10-06-2012, 09:14 AM

Garage
05-06 2.2s are not supported. I'm an 082.2 and hptuned. If I had the prior knowledge of how to use programs for a car, I'd do it but I just know how to fix mechanical issues

Old 12-13-2012, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
Levee
Admin

Garage
Well, it's been a LONG time since I've been on the forums for updated information, but I found that the LNF fuel table was unlocked this year. Wow, I really need to get back to tuning balts again! That means, bigger builds for sure!

'09 SS/TC - Stolen

06 EVO IX MR/SE - Sold

'95 Ram 2500 Diesel

Old 12-13-2012, 12:50 PM

Garage
Come tune me

Old 12-13-2012, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
Levee
Admin

Garage
Anyway we could meet 1/2 way when I'm in KY again? lol. I would come tune you np, but that's a LONG drive! If you had a way to get a logger/scanner and just send me the logs, I could tune you that way.

'09 SS/TC - Stolen

06 EVO IX MR/SE - Sold

'95 Ram 2500 Diesel

Old 12-13-2012, 01:00 PM

Garage
Lol can't do halfway. I'm still undecided on who to tune me and it wouldnt be for anothe month or 2

Old 12-13-2012, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
Levee
Admin

Garage
Well if you can wait until the spring, my car will be up and running by then, and I'm sure I'll be able to take a trip out that way to help ya out. Getting time off work for me isn't too hard.

'09 SS/TC - Stolen

06 EVO IX MR/SE - Sold

'95 Ram 2500 Diesel

Sponsored Links
Advertisement