LNF Tune's Guide - Page 4 - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Engine Mods Talk about Chevy Cobalt Engine Modifications here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-31-2015, 11:01 PM
Prospect

I have a 07 2.2l w/ sai & I'm looking @ the jet 68201 v force performance module & jet maf 69143 power flow maf is this a good idea for my auto w/ a injen cai & dna cat back exaust installed already. If this is no good can i get an explanation on why & what would be a good tune for me in that price range & I'll be able to adjust after future mods. Header, downpipe, cat deleted if i can get around the ny obd2 emissions inspection. $ for the 2 is around 350$ & do i even need to replace the maf w/ a performance module?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-31-2015, 11:06 PM
Forum Regular

Performance chips don't work on these cars.
Honestly, you really aren't going to NEED a tune unless you boost it.

But say you swap an le5 throttle body, intake manifold, and full exhaust. You wont see the full gain unless you do tune it. And like I said, it isn't needed, but its beneficial.

Also, the cat delete sounds horrible on these cars. Seriously, youtube it. Get a high flow cat instead.

Billy
Louisiana
03 Ion-1 Sedan (Topanga)
04 Ion-2
06 Ion Redline
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-01-2015, 06:19 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Chips do not work. Period.

Tunes however, do. Unfortunately, this not being a Honda, your options are limited. You've got Trifecta and HP Tuners. Normally, a tune is the last thing you do after you've collected and installed all your bolt-ons. This is done as a money saving measure, as it costs a fair deal to tune and retune a car after each mod. If you're staying NA, I'd wait until you've got an upgraded throttle body (LE5 or LSJ), the 2.4 (LE5) intake manifold and a header/downpipe (ZZP Midlength w/200 cell cat is always my recommendation) before pulling the trigger on a tune. Expect to see in and around 150whp on a fully bolted '07 L61 setup. It'll never be fast per say, but if you rework the suspension and get a set of sticky tires, it'll definitely be fun.

'07 Eclipse GT build thread - 280whp, 254wtq

Last edited by Plain Jane; 08-01-2015 at 06:23 AM.

post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-01-2015, 10:07 AM
Forum Regular

The mid length would be good for a n/a set up. Mine will probably be for sale soon since I am trying to get a bit more aggressive with my m62.

And getting tune is expensive. A tune and dyno ran me 550. Getting retuned is around 200.
At that rate, I may as well buy hpt and learn to tune myself.

Billy
Louisiana
03 Ion-1 Sedan (Topanga)
04 Ion-2
06 Ion Redline
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-09-2016, 11:59 AM
Newcomer

great post, thanks for sharing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page