Kyle's Supercharger Build - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Engine Mods Talk about Chevy Cobalt Engine Modifications here.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 101 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
Expert

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to golfin
Kyle's Supercharger Build

Alright Guys well I'm gunna start uploading some pictures and doing some explaining and stuff. But I also have some questions too since its not running perfect yet.

Anyways I have an 08' LT if anyone was wondering and it was completely bone stock as far as performance mods. AJ or Fonzi1289 on CSS was having some issues and needed to sell his supercharger setup for his 2.2 so I decided that this would be a good idea. He lives in Bakersfield, CA and I live in Abbotsford, BC so it was about a 20 hour drive to get to his house. It was totally worth it because of the heat . Anyways me and my buddy left around noon on the 5th of May and drove straight through the night getting into Bakersfield around 7:30am. We checked into a hotel took a quick nap then went over to AJ's house.

Day 1 Began around 2p.m when we began to dismantle both cars. Just basic taking off headlights bumpers wheel wells off both cars. We then began to dismantle mine taking off the big air intake and throttle body and all that good jazz. Once we got everything off both cars basically we began to put both cars back together. Day 1 ended around 8p.m and all we had to do on my car was put on the belt, the supercharger, wire the throttle body, put on Injen CAI and move the washer fluid to the other side. AJ's car was basically put back together at this point.

***Side Story*** We unplugged the battery to deal with the alternator and such. And we needed to push my car to turn it around so we put the key in and try to put the car in neutral well that was a no go so we go to pull the keys out and they wont come out. Turns out my shift sensor is messed up cost be $128.75 to get my keys taken out but atleast the locksmith showed me how to get my keys out next time.

Day 2 began around the same time because AJ had to work so we got right to work. Day 2 was kind of a pain in the ass because the belt was such a pain in the butt to do. But eventually we got it on. So we got everything engine wise finished bolted on and good to go. Oh Im also running a cobra H/E aswell as a stock SS/SC H/E just to keep it nice and cool.

Day 3 We get there in the morning this being saturday and we just have to take the Tsudo exhaust off his car and put it on mine and put the OTTP rear sway on aswell then tune the car and I should be outta there. So we get both the rear sway bar and exhaust mounted by about 11:30 a.m and this is where shit hits the fan. The tuning cable never arrives and we find out it is going to be Monday before it comes. So basically a big FML. We decide to get a new hotel and just chill for a few days.

Day 4 We get the car towed to the hotel we are staying at. We Chill clean the car a little and basically just chill all day

Day 5 Tuning cable is supposed to arrive this day but AJ can not get ahold of his friend. I start to freak out because I have a 20 hour drive and really need to be at work or I could possibly be fired so I make a thread on CSS looking for a cable basically just trying everything I can to get outta there. Eventually at 5 p.m that night a cable arrives and we fire a tune into my car and I rip the heck outta there. We leave bakersfield at 7 which would get us home around 3 but around 9 shit starts to hit the fan

***Problems- As im driving down the highway I get my CEL back which is just telling me about my 02 sensor or that im running too rich. Well ill survive but then all of the sudden my car starts to lurch and bam ENGN PWR REDUCD. So I cruise at 60mph which is as fast as it would let me go until i hit a bank of gas stations/hotels/food. We basically roll into the gas station with my car sputtering. We check the MAF sensor and the 02 but get nothing from cleaning both of those so we are basically stuck. We get AJ to come out since we are only about 2 hours out and so he arrives at about 11p.m. Working in the middle of the shell we basically just go over everything and find that the throttle body connection just wasnt as firm as it should have been. We start the car up it starts so we decide we have to leave. So we are back on the road at 11p.m and we drive straight through until 5:30p.m today when we got home.

*****Explination/Question- Didnt have any serious issues after the first one but we definately still had issues. The car basically is doing a lot of sputtering aswell the shifting of the transmission is totally off. If I try to give the car a little bit of gas the RPM's just drop you get no response out of the pedal and until you feather on the pedal there is no engine response

Am I running so rich that when I hit the pedal it just floods the engine and I am getting nothing? (No AFR hooked up yet, getting that done in a few days)

Also when climbing a hill my car will not downshift whatsoever(Im an Auto) so I crawled up mountains today at 40mph and 2000 rpm's because again if i just hit the gas it would sputter. Is this an issue with the tranny tune aswell as running too rich?

Help is appreciated and here are a few of the pictures from the build.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 101 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 07:45 PM
Expert

Garage
looks good

07 Laser Blue LT Sedan
My Car Domain:http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3805600
4 Doors = More Whores
post #3 of 101 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 07:54 PM
XFE
Wootsauce!
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to XFE
Thanks for fillin us in Kyle! Glad you got it home. I still demand more pics!

post #4 of 101 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 07:58 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to camopaint0707
what heat exchanger are you running?

post #5 of 101 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 08:03 PM
XFE
Wootsauce!
Staff Alumni

Send a message via AIM to XFE
Quote:
Originally Posted by camopaint0707 View Post
what heat exchanger are you running?
Try reading...

post #6 of 101 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
Expert

Garage
Ill add a list of everything when i get home from work

post #7 of 101 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 08:44 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to camopaint0707
a dual setup, nice

post #8 of 101 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 09:31 PM
Sneezing Daily
Staff Alumni

Garage
I am not going to assume that you are using trifecta, as that is really the only option you have, I would check with Vince, the tune could be running your car so rich that your throttle response is limited, however, I would clean your throttle body and maf sensor to see what that does, have him check your fuel mixers too, you are probably reading "System to rich bank 1" I would assume that is the code you are getting... are you running the stock injectors for an ss/sc?

M62 Powered for Now

S252 Next (Car is gonna be fast and Sneezing, lots!)
post #9 of 101 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 09:41 PM
Cobalt Master

Garage
Wow Kyle, you guys did all of that in such a small amount of time? I'm impressed, props ma dude. Good luck with tuning out the bugs.

^^<==---___-A_m_e_r_i_c_a_n M_u_s_c_l_e-___---==>^^
post #10 of 101 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 09:46 PM Thread Starter
Expert

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHINKS07SS View Post
I am not going to assume that you are using trifecta, as that is really the only option you have, I would check with Vince, the tune could be running your car so rich that your throttle response is limited, however, I would clean your throttle body and maf sensor to see what that does, have him check your fuel mixers too, you are probably reading "System to rich bank 1" I would assume that is the code you are getting... are you running the stock injectors for an ss/sc?
running trifecta yes haha. Checked the maf and cleaned it. Will do the throttle body tomorrow. Im pretty sure that is what im reading, ill have to check when i plug in tonight and I am running #42 injectors

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode