Trifecta Tune Requires Premium? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Engine Mods Talk about Chevy Cobalt Engine Modifications here.

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 08:34 AM Thread Starter
Forum God


 
4dr-LS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,099
Garage
Trifecta Tune Requires Premium?

So my friend told me that if i tune my l61 with trifecta that my car is going to require premium fuel and im gonna be getting 25mpg instead of 35, wtf is that true?

R.I.P. :(

Hello
4dr-LS is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 08:41 AM
Staff Alumni


 
biniecki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 750
Garage
Send a message via MSN to biniecki Send a message via Yahoo to biniecki
Depending on what you have them tune, Yes you may need to run a higher octane fuel. A friend of mine runs plus in his now but still gets 30+ MPG.

2006 Cobalt LS 2.2L Ecotec
Show Off Thread




hailcesar quote - "I think you got the best transformation from Ls to badass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
biniecki is offline  
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 08:44 AM Thread Starter
Forum God


 
4dr-LS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,099
Garage
well theyre gonna tune my l61 with bolt ons such as CAI, catback, grounded TB, tranny mounts, shiftplus, LSJ header, and soon with the 2.4 manifold and downpipe,,,,will i need premium then

R.I.P. :(

Hello
4dr-LS is offline  
 
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 09:00 AM
Expert


 
golfin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Abbotsford, British Columbia
Posts: 992
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to golfin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dr-LS View Post
well theyre gonna tune my l61 with bolt ons such as CAI, catback, grounded TB, tranny mounts, shiftplus, LSJ header, and soon with the 2.4 manifold and downpipe,,,,will i need premium then
it depends on the tune, not your mods. if you want more out of your tune then put in premium. Ive found i actually get better gas mileage since ive been on premo gas...but maybe im just driving it nicer

golfin is offline  
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 09:04 AM Thread Starter
Forum God


 
4dr-LS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,099
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfin' View Post
it depends on the tune, not your mods. if you want more out of your tune then put in premium. Ive found i actually get better gas mileage since ive been on premo gas...but maybe im just driving it nicer
hmm well that makes sense
anyone out there with an aggressive tune on their bolted on l61? can u tell me what you think

R.I.P. :(

Hello
4dr-LS is offline  
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 09:04 AM
Cobalt Specialist
 
stickx911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 1,336
Garage
tell them to tune it for mpgs and regular octane instead of HP. Thats my plan. maintain current HP, but boost more on the MPG side. as odd as it it, but I drive like a granny so I have no need for speed. just fun projects.

stickx911 is offline  
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 09:09 AM Thread Starter
Forum God


 
4dr-LS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,099
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickx911 View Post
tell them to tune it for mpgs and regular octane instead of HP. Thats my plan. maintain current HP, but boost more on the MPG side. as odd as it it, but I drive like a granny so I have no need for speed. just fun projects.
well i have the need for speed lol
i guess ilh just have to wait n find out when i get the tune

R.I.P. :(

Hello
4dr-LS is offline  
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 09:21 AM
Cobalt Specialist
 
stickx911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 1,336
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dr-LS View Post
well i have the need for speed lol
i guess ilh just have to wait n find out when i get the tune
lol. i figured, but just showing you you have options. its a custom tune which is why it's pricey.

stickx911 is offline  
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 09:25 AM Thread Starter
Forum God


 
4dr-LS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,099
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickx911 View Post
lol. i figured, but just showing you you have options. its a custom tune which is why it's pricey.
ah i see
gotcha lol

R.I.P. :(

Hello
4dr-LS is offline  
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 09:46 AM
Expert


 
SLIQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sandy Springs, GA
Posts: 870
Garage
The trifecta tune will actually improve your MPG. But if you have lead foot, your MPG will decrease. I'm fully bolted and Trifecta tuned as well.

SLIQ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome