Bored at Work Sitting Next to My Ride. - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Engine Mods Talk about Chevy Cobalt Engine Modifications here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 07:01 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Garage
Bored at Work Sitting Next to My Ride.

Hello all! I'm standing around waiting to close up my place of business. And I'm staring at my beautiful 08 slate metallic LS and wondering what exhaust and cold air intake combination I should throw on her. I'm looking for a nice throaty deep sounding exhaust not a real tuner/pissed off can of bees sound for the exhaust. And any other random ideas or upgrades you may want to suggest go right ahead. Thanks :P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 07:05 PM
Forum Regular

Go to Crate Engine Depot, they have a couple exhaust systems and have a sound byte of a stock exhaust vs. performance exhaust vs. touring exhaust. Is made by Borla, both sound great and not like a fart can.

"Got a hot girl you're less than friends with? That means she's a stranger, stop staring creepo."
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 07:21 PM
Expert

ive got the slp catback on my ls... sounds nice. still dont have an intake tho

mods... tinted taillights, 1000 watt alpine mono amp, 2 10 inch alpine type "r" subs, basspro slot ported box, xm radio, alpine 6x9 rear speekers, alpine 6.5 front speekers (both type "s",09SS front bumper and lip,black factory headlights, 12k foglights, 10k headlights, slp catback,fe5 suspension with sportlines,black carpet, painted plastics (black) huge custom pink monster sticker... and ofcourse.... BLACKED OUT!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 07:29 PM
I cut stuff
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
I have the GMPP exhaust and it has a deep throaty sound. it's expensive but well worth the money. like stated above it's made by borla
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Garage
Awesome guys! I'll have to look into that! And I've been mulling around wether I wanna go straight gmpp mods or aftermarket. Losing my warranty is my only concern about aftermarket. Since this is the first car I've owned new. And I'd like to keep the warranty.so I'll prolly stick w gmpp for now. Thanks a lot for the quick responses as well! I appreciate it!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 08:10 PM
Forum Regular

For the exhaust, go with GMPP and the intake manifold I would as well. At least if I were you.

Some things you don't have to, like struts and stuff (I went with coilovers by B&G), but I did buy my lower control arms from there. Also if you are talking CAI, get a K&N, Injen, etc. They IMO look better than the GMPP.

GMPP does have a lot of mods that are proven and reliable which is nice, so you can't go wrong with them in most cases.

"Got a hot girl you're less than friends with? That means she's a stranger, stop staring creepo."
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-27-2010, 02:51 PM
Forum Regular

Garage
Mandrel Exhaust Systems Home Page has a good catback. I have it on my 2010 lt sedan.

2010 Cobalt 1lt sedan. Mods: tinted tails, Mandrel Exhaust System 2.5 inch catback, LSJ exhaust manifold and downpipe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode