Installing CAI 06 Cobalt LS - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Engine Mods Talk about Chevy Cobalt Engine Modifications here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-21-2010, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Question Installing CAI 06 Cobalt LS

I was hoping I could get a few opinions on installing my CAI. I have a 06 Cobalt LS and I was just wondering what would the best way to go about doing my CAI. My MAFs is mounted right on the intake and was wondering if there are any fittings for CAI tubing that I can just swap it in and out or if I should just get a MAPs or SAFC.

Just trying to get some ideas on what everyone would think would be the best route or if there are any other ideas that someone might be able to throw at me.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-21-2010, 01:20 PM
Veteran

Garage
On my 05 LS I pulled off the headlight and the black plastic thats behind the headlight which it mounts on. I also had already removed all the stock air intake stuff.

GpB311 Showoff Profile https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/veh...ngeles-ca.html

You might also know me as Dick Thrusthumper...
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

I understand all that but I'm trying to figure out what my best option would be on how to install it. My MAFs is currently in my way and I know how to switch it out, but I would like to know what the best way would be.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 07:14 PM
Forum God

If you get a GMPP, Injen, or K&N intake the MAF just screws into the intake tubing.

2006 Cobalt: Bolt On's
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 07:15 PM
That's Mr. meogE to you.
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by xSoKo View Post
I understand all that but I'm trying to figure out what my best option would be on how to install it. My MAFs is currently in my way and I know how to switch it out, but I would like to know what the best way would be.
You mean like to make a custom CAI?

2006 Red Chevy Cobalt LT
mods: Kenwood DNX5140 Head Unit, HIDs, Halo headlights, LED taillights, Injen CAI, LSJ throttle body, 2.4L intake manifold, red interior LED's, TWM short shifter, custom fit red seat covers, red trim and door handles, SS gauge cluster, Racing Solution long tube header/downpipe, Corsa touring exhaust, lightweight crank and alternator pulleys, trifecta tune, 17" Motegi black rims
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Yes, I am trying to go completely custom. I have all of the tubing but I am not sure how I want to go about doing it yet.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 07:47 PM
Veteran

Garage
Drill a hold oblong the hole with a dremmel and screw it in with self tapping screws..... j/k man....but on a serious note, i think there are a few guys who did custom intakes, I would think that there would be a piece of tubing that has the spot for the MAF sensor fabricated into it already....

Mods:
Aeroforce Interceptor gauge, Eibach Sportlines, De-badged, 140 mph White Face Gauge Cluster, Silver Star Ultra Headlights, Injen CAI, CF Dash Trim, 5 Spoke Rims, Eibach 25mm Rear Sway bar, SS Upper Grille, Painted Black Bowtie, DC Sports Carbon Strut Bar, Injen Hydro-shield, Emergency Brake Boot, Blue Powdercoated Valve Cover, Black Dash & Center Council, Tsudo Catback, ZZP Downpipe.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 08:13 PM
That's Mr. meogE to you.
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayray View Post
Drill a hold oblong the hole with a dremmel and screw it in with self tapping screws..... j/k man....but on a serious note, i think there are a few guys who did custom intakes, I would think that there would be a piece of tubing that has the spot for the MAF sensor fabricated into it already....
They do have them somewhere. I think I've seen them at ZZP.

2006 Red Chevy Cobalt LT
mods: Kenwood DNX5140 Head Unit, HIDs, Halo headlights, LED taillights, Injen CAI, LSJ throttle body, 2.4L intake manifold, red interior LED's, TWM short shifter, custom fit red seat covers, red trim and door handles, SS gauge cluster, Racing Solution long tube header/downpipe, Corsa touring exhaust, lightweight crank and alternator pulleys, trifecta tune, 17" Motegi black rims
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 08:18 PM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSoKo View Post
Yes, I am trying to go completely custom. I have all of the tubing but I am not sure how I want to go about doing it yet.
*Most* custom intakes are not properly designed and will LOOSE HP for you. Injen spent months years ago in development, it is not just a name, it is research... You pay for what you get. If you want sound and dont want/care about HP increase, then you could go custom. It is critical the air dynamics of how the air flow goes in the intake tubes and across the MAF sensor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode