Performance Q&A - Page 40 - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Engine Mods Talk about Chevy Cobalt Engine Modifications here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #391 of 395 (permalink) Old 03-20-2015, 07:41 PM
Prospect

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewcarr1993 View Post
Trifecta is a tuning company that has their own software and only they can update your tune. HP Tuners is what most of us prefer but 05-06 2.2's are only able to get Trifecta tuned because they weren't unlocked by HP Tuners. HP Tuners is open for anyone to tune but you want to find someone who knows what they're doing, changes how auto's feel which can make a huge difference, but still have decent gains when NA especially if VVT.
Is there any other method of changing shift points with another scan tool perhaps?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 395 (permalink) Old 03-20-2015, 10:00 PM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerForum God

Nope. Those are your only two options.

When I went turbo I wasn't going to deal with trifecta and when I got it taken off there was a very noticeable change in the power.

2009 Cobalt LS XFE (F23) Victory Red
YYZ V.3 Springs, Koni shocks/struts, Powell XXX rear swaybar, Brembo brake swap, 5 lug conversion, Ion Redline wheels, SS/SC interior swap including power conversion, K&N intake, Trifecta tune, Ark Performance N-II catback, Ark shorty antenna, SS body kit, Powell F23 rotated mount, LNF rear mount, Powell CABs
Soon to come- EFR 6758 turbo kit and make Retro Headlights.
post #393 of 395 (permalink) Old 12-09-2015, 12:51 AM
Newcomer

Garage
I've got a t3 turbo kit available to me with everything minus the manifold, i assume t3 describes the size/connection type? what kind of manifold should i get? i found this one that i think will work 06 07 08 Pontiac G5 G6 Ecotec Stainless Turbo Manifold | eBay I've got a 2008 2.2L

I know its off ebay but i can look for a similar part somewhere else if i have quality of product issues.

post #394 of 395 (permalink) Old 12-09-2015, 07:19 AM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerVeteran

Garage
t3 is the flange that botls the turbo to the manifold so you will need a manifold for a t3 turbo. I think zzp has a t3 mani

---------- Post added at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 AM ----------

also internal wastegate or external? that will also decide witch manifold you need

post #395 of 395 (permalink) Old 12-09-2015, 12:23 PM
Newcomer

Garage
alright sweet, also if anyone here could help with this: where would i do my oil lines to the turbo? i don't want to drill into my oil pan to create a connection...

edit: external wastegate i believe, but my friend that sold it to me let me know what kind to get.

Last edited by gastmaster; 12-09-2015 at 12:30 PM. Reason: reply edit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode