LE5 Supercharged, Need Infos Please. - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Engine Mods Talk about Chevy Cobalt Engine Modifications here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-07-2013, 10:16 AM Thread Starter
Prospect

LE5 Supercharged, Need Infos Please.

Hi every one.

In my presentation thread I said that I'm 17 years old ans I have a 2006 Cobalt SS 2.4 with A/T. I looked to sell it for a SS/SC, but at my age, the insurance cost for it was just too much. Also, I have done a lot of repair on it to make it in great condition, because I use it every day.

So, I think that supercharge my Cobalt may be a great alternative. I found two used SC kits, one with a Stage 2 but no intercooler and belt, and the other one is completely OEM. Both are at the same price.

Do I need other mods to run a Stage 2? It will be my first build, so I don't want to get into trouble. Note that I will have the help of my uncle who is a mechanic but never done a supercharged job before. Thnaks a lot.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-07-2013, 11:13 AM
YourCobalt of the Quarter Winner
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Garage
How much are the kits and what is everything included with them? You will need a tune on top of it for sure. And being an auto, you will need to bend or cut part of your engine bay to fit the pulley

Forged L61 BW S252 Turbocharged Showoff Thread
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-07-2013, 02:40 PM
Staff Alumni

Garage
I'd pick up the stage 2 kit as you can get a cobra inter cooler or a used cobalt inter cooler for peanuts.

& yes you'll need a tune on top, thats around $300ish, also, you'll need a wide band and a boost gauge if those aren't included, as well as an automatic transmission cooler is HIIGGHHHLLYYY recommended.

A.F.A.I.K you can cut a rib off the stock belt and run that, but someone else might wanna chime in on that.

(I was like thiiisssss close to supercharging my 2.4 lol)

Last edited by StevoElsupremo; 04-07-2013 at 02:44 PM.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-07-2013, 03:11 PM
YourCobalt of the Quarter Winner
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Garage
He has to cut a rib off any sc belt he gets. Stock sc belt is for stock pulley obviously but he will need a stage 2 belt to work with any smaller pulley. Or an oversized tensioner pulley

Forged L61 BW S252 Turbocharged Showoff Thread
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-07-2013, 04:09 PM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerContributor

If you go on css search for mp81s build he's an auto 2.2 but it should be helpful. being auto means you'll have to do some hammering in front of the pulley for clearance also your stock tensioner bolt wont be perfectly aligned. How much are the kits? Have you considered buying a zzp kit?

Tinted, partial debadge, airbox mod, tinted tails, full stereo upgrade, 4caroption catback, TTR engine mount,ss fb, cm lowering springs

Coming soon:
custom amp enclosure, wheels, suspension and more!
SC build in the making?

Last edited by JDN902; 04-07-2013 at 04:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode