Cobalt LT Magnaflow Muffler - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Engine Mods Talk about Chevy Cobalt Engine Modifications here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-20-2014, 07:53 AM Thread Starter
Initiate

Garage
Cobalt LT Magnaflow Muffler

I'm looking at purchasing a magnaflow muffler for my 2007 Cobalt lt. the muffler im looking at is part#11114, it is a 3.5x7 inch oval case and the case is 14inches long. if i am not mistaken the stock piping size for a cobalt 2.2 is 1.75. i bought the car with a nice looking chrome tip and would like to use it to same me some money. i have two choices of piping size for the muffler, 2inch in and 2inch out, or 1.75inch in and 1.75inch out. what would be better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-20-2014, 04:27 PM
Forum God

Garage
I didn't care for the Magnaflow catback on the old G5 GT we had.

Droned all day long.

Get an EBay catback for $140~. Was actually pretty decent. I just had a Borla muffler welded on after a few weeks. VERY quiet, love the mellow sound it makes...and for $200~ or less, plus giving you more than sound gains...I'd go that route.

If not, You can always get a cheap, common 2" diameter all around. Then, just have the exhaust shop reduce the pipe size, and get a 2" inlet tip to whatever outlet you want.

The Racekar - SOLD!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIW9XK_WMR4
2007 Cashmere Metallic Chevy Cobalt LT Sedan...totaled 04/11/2011
2010 VR Cobalt 2LT Sedan Debadged, ZZP Intake, Custom 2.5" Exhaust/Borla Pro XS, FE5 Bidnez with KSport Springs.
Previously dumped on BC Xtreme Low's...RIP LOWLYFE :(
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-20-2014, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
Initiate

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegtp91 View Post
I didn't care for the Magnaflow catback on the old G5 GT we had.

Droned all day long.

Get an EBay catback for $140~. Was actually pretty decent. I just had a Borla muffler welded on after a few weeks. VERY quiet, love the mellow sound it makes...and for $200~ or less, plus giving you more than sound gains...I'd go that route.

If not, You can always get a cheap, common 2" diameter all around. Then, just have the exhaust shop reduce the pipe size, and get a 2" inlet tip to whatever outlet you want.
im not going catback and from what ive seen and heard just the magnaflow muffler is pretty good, i just want the sound really and i can get the muffler brand new delivered to my doorstep for 80 bucks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode