ZZP Stopped Selling Their Supercharger Kit! (Ohhhh Noooooo!) - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Engine Mods Talk about Chevy Cobalt Engine Modifications here.

1Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 06:27 PM Thread Starter
Expert

Garage
ZZP Stopped Selling Their Supercharger Kit! (Ohhhh Noooooo!)

Welp, since ZZP doesn't sell their supercharger kit anymore, I'm seriously thinking about picking up one of the remaining "kits" from ebay and holding onto it until I'm ready to boost. I was hoping you guys could take a look at them and let me know which one you think looks best/is the most complete. I know none of these are complete kits, so I'll have to pick up some more parts too.

From least to most expensive:
Kit 1 - $550
Kit 2 - $600
Kit 3 - $600
Kit 4 - $700
Kit 5 - $730
Kit 6 - $900

Kits 2 and 3 look pretty much the same. Only way I can tell them apart is the pulley looks slightly different to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
Believe me, these cars have a habit of growing on their owners. Your feelings will only strengthen over time...

Last edited by Parthros; 05-11-2016 at 06:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 08:27 PM
Say What again!
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Why the hell'd they go and do that. Did you email them to see if they'd sell it to you still?

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

It looks like the last three are pretty much complete though - even coming with the hard-to-find alternator bracket. However the third one is missing the idler pulley - and those rotors are missing an awful lot of teflon at the ends...that's something the other two "full" ones don't show - worth inquiring if you choose to pursue one of those two. The $730 sure looks cleaner, but functionally (again, assuming the rotors are in good shape), they should be the same.

That's a cheaper price than ZZP - and comes with the OEM way of mounting a couple things (i.e. the H/E Pump) and utilizes the LSJ tensioner. I much prefer all that - especially the H/E pump.

1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z - Wrecked/Sold
1998 Chevrolet Cavalier - Wrecked/Donated
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - M62 Supercharger, Ported Throttle Body, 42 lb/hr Injectors, Intense 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger, SS/TC Exhaust, TTR Engine and Trans Mounts, Trifecta Tune, ZZP Header and Downpipe, '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, SSC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, SS/SC Front Swaybar, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, 18" MSR 045s, Dunlop ZIIs, Nightshaded Tails/Side Markers, Shorty Antenna, Black Bowties, Black Grilles, Black Headlights, Dual JL 12" w1v2 Subs, A/D/S Front/Rear Speakers, Pioneer 7" Touchscreen, G85 Recaros, Leather Rear Seats, 160 MPH Cluster.
2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel - 17" MSR 013s, Black Bowties, UR Rear Lower Bar
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - JVC Ribbon Tweeters, SEAS Mids, Pyle Woofers, Kenwood Tape Deck, Zapco Amp/Equilizer, Ceramic-Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
2017 Chevrolet Volt LT - Black Bowties
post #3 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
Expert

Garage
I appreciate you taking a look at those. Although I'm still considering the ebay ones, I'm also talking to a guy from an Ecotec facebook group about a kit. For condition he said:

Quote:
The supercharger, alternator, lsj throttle body, lsj tensioner pulley have about 120,XXX miles. Everything else is less than 5,000 miles. Only thing that was bought used was the cold air intake. $650 plus shipping.
He also mentioned the blower has never been rebuilt, and claims that it's been running well for him. I've asked him for pictures of the rotors when he gets a chance. If there's anything else I should ask, let me know.

Parts list:
-M62 supercharger
-2.7 zzp pulley & 5 bolt hub
-lsj throttle body
-3" Weapon R cold air intake
-intake manifold with bracket, bracket & bolt
-ZZP dual pass end plate with hoses
-coolant overfill tank
-ZZP oversized Stealth heat exchanger
-intercooler pump with bracket & bolts
-lsj tensioner pulley
-ZZP adjustable tensioner
-zzp stage 2 belt
-lsj alternator with bracket and extended bolts
-zzp 60lb injectors with harness

Quote:
Believe me, these cars have a habit of growing on their owners. Your feelings will only strengthen over time...

post #4 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 04:52 AM
Say What again!

Garage
That seems to be pretty complete - does he have a picture of it? Easier to look at a pile of parts and determine if something is missing, since I know what they all look like, haha.

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - M62 Supercharger, Ported Throttle Body, 42 lb/hr Injectors, Intense 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger, SS/TC Exhaust, TTR Engine and Trans Mounts, Trifecta Tune, ZZP Header and Downpipe, '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, SSC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, SS/SC Front Swaybar, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, 18" MSR 045s, Dunlop ZIIs, Nightshaded Tails/Side Markers, Shorty Antenna, Black Bowties, Black Grilles, Black Headlights, Dual JL 12" w1v2 Subs, A/D/S Front/Rear Speakers, Pioneer 7" Touchscreen, G85 Recaros, Leather Rear Seats, 160 MPH Cluster.
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - JVC Ribbon Tweeters, SEAS Mids, Pyle Woofers, Kenwood Tape Deck, Zapco Amp/Equilizer, Ceramic-Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
post #5 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 05:17 AM
Cobalt Master

The only thing I can think of that you would need to buy are possibly some bolts and gaskets and spark plugs, probably some new hose as well for the heat exchanger system

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

Also the throttle body adapter harness and a maf extension harness, might also need to pick up a pigtail for the ic pump
post #6 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 06:08 AM Thread Starter
Expert

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP81 View Post
That seems to be pretty complete - does he have a picture of it? Easier to look at a pile of parts and determine if something is missing, since I know what they all look like, haha.
I'll see if he has one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrob5382 View Post
The only thing I can think of that you would need to buy are possibly some bolts and gaskets and spark plugs, probably some new hose as well for the heat exchanger system

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

Also the throttle body adapter harness and a maf extension harness, might also need to pick up a pigtail for the ic pump
The TB adapter for 8 to 6 pin? I've already got one of those. Don't have a MAF extension, and I don't know what the "pigtail" is.

What do you guys think about the stuff that's got 120K on it? Would it maybe be worth it to pick up a new blower from ZZP for $1200, which would put my kit at around $2000 (minus whatever I could get for the old blower)?

Quote:
post #7 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 06:25 AM
Say What again!

Garage
You don't need a MAF extension - I just pulled the wires back through the loom and ran them to the other side in the loom.

The pigtail includes the connector and the wire leads.

A blower is a pretty simple component - and the rotors really show if its a piece of shit or not.

post #8 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 06:29 AM Thread Starter
Expert

Garage
So, this is the pigtail? I think I read that on 2.2L, you can replace it with a plug, but I'm not sure that's right...

And if the MAF's wires are long enough to do that, then screw the extender, lol

Quote:
post #9 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 06:32 AM
Say What again!

Garage
No, that's a sensor. The pigtail is the connector and wires that plug into it.

I just used the sensor to plug it.

The pigtail is for the heat exchanger pump.

post #10 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 06:48 AM Thread Starter
Expert

Garage
Guess I haven't seen that particular part. I'll figure out exactly what it looks like when it's important

He told me he can get a picture of the whole kit, so I'll upload it once he sends it to me.

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode