rebuild - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Engine Mods Talk about Chevy Cobalt Engine Modifications here.

5Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 01:12 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

rebuild

Anyone recomend any parts or modifications to do when i rebuild i want more power
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 04:54 AM
Say What again!
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
How fast do you want to go? You can do all sorts of things, just depends on how much you want to spend.
Parthros likes this.

1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z - Wrecked/Sold
1998 Chevrolet Cavalier - Wrecked/Donated
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - M62 Supercharger, Ported Throttle Body, 42 lb/hr Injectors, Intense 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger, SS/TC Exhaust, TTR Engine and Trans Mounts, Trifecta Tune, ZZP Header and Downpipe, '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, SSC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, SS/SC Front Swaybar, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, 18" MSR 045s, Dunlop ZIIs, Nightshaded Tails/Side Markers, Shorty Antenna, Black Bowties, Black Grilles, Black Headlights, Dual JL 12" w1v2 Subs, A/D/S Front/Rear Speakers, Pioneer 7" Touchscreen, G85 Recaros, Leather Rear Seats, 160 MPH Cluster.
2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel - 17" MSR 013s, Black Bowties, UR Rear Lower Bar
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - JVC Ribbon Tweeters, SEAS Mids, Pyle Woofers, Kenwood Tape Deck, Zapco Amp/Equilizer, Ceramic-Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
2017 Chevrolet Volt LT - Black Bowties
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 06:36 AM
Expert

Garage
It'll also help to know what kind of Cobalt you have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
Believe me, these cars have a habit of growing on their owners. Your feelings will only strengthen over time...

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 06:37 AM
Say What again!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthros View Post
It'll also help to know what kind of Cobalt you have.
Also very important and pertinent info.
Parthros likes this.

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - M62 Supercharger, Ported Throttle Body, 42 lb/hr Injectors, Intense 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger, SS/TC Exhaust, TTR Engine and Trans Mounts, Trifecta Tune, ZZP Header and Downpipe, '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, SSC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, SS/SC Front Swaybar, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, 18" MSR 045s, Dunlop ZIIs, Nightshaded Tails/Side Markers, Shorty Antenna, Black Bowties, Black Grilles, Black Headlights, Dual JL 12" w1v2 Subs, A/D/S Front/Rear Speakers, Pioneer 7" Touchscreen, G85 Recaros, Leather Rear Seats, 160 MPH Cluster.
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - JVC Ribbon Tweeters, SEAS Mids, Pyle Woofers, Kenwood Tape Deck, Zapco Amp/Equilizer, Ceramic-Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 02:27 PM
Newcomer

Garage
Sorry i had to make a new account i want to get in the 250 whp range i have a 2.2 Lt

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

Also want to rebuild te tranny to handle the new power would like some help on that to 😁 thankyou

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

And i plain on after all of that to sc it sence zzp has there kits again
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 04:34 PM
Expert

Garage
So, manual or auto transmission?

It'll be much easier to achieve 250 whp with a turbo setup, and your transmission should be able to handle it. Manual will need a high performance clutch, but I don't think any major rebuilding would be needed.

The main thing to worry about is building the engine. You don't want to have any valve float or parts exiting the engine. Forged internals, new valves and springs are all a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
Believe me, these cars have a habit of growing on their owners. Your feelings will only strengthen over time...
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 06:05 PM
Cobalt Master

What year?
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 12:09 AM
Newcomer

Garage
Its a 09 auto, the engine has 170k miles dont want to risk the turbo at high miles

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthros View Post
So, manual or auto transmission?

It'll be much easier to achieve 250 whp with a turbo setup, and your transmission should be able to handle it. Manual will need a high performance clutch, but I don't think any major rebuilding would be needed.

The main thing to worry about is building the engine. You don't want to have any valve float or parts exiting the engine. Forged internals, new valves and springs are all a good idea.
so any good kits out there you recommend for the rebuild or should i part it out with diffrent companys
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 07:44 AM
Say What again!

Garage
I can't say I've seen a complete engine build kit like that for the Cobalt. I think you'll have to stick with piecing it together yourself.

The good news is that you don't need a new crank - stock one is good till at least 600HP
Parthros likes this.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 12:45 PM
Newcomer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP81 View Post
I can't say I've seen a complete engine build kit like that for the Cobalt. I think you'll have to stick with piecing it together yourself.

The good news is that you don't need a new crank - stock one is good till at least 600HP
everythings good in it i just dont want blowup when turbo it XD but thanks you recomend any websites?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode