AEM Cold Air Intake Install - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Engine Mods Talk about Chevy Cobalt Engine Modifications here.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
Sneezing Daily
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
AEM Cold Air Intake Install

So I have heard that it is a pain to install a cold air intake on a 2.2 setup. You have to remove the bumper? That sounds like ****. Have one on order, thinking about doing install DIY, the easy way. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 07:59 PM
Banned

u dont have to remve the bumper. you just need to take out your passenger headlight. its the easiest bolt on of them all. just take your time and read the directions. I did mine in about 30 mins with basic hand tools
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 07:21 PM
Newcomer

Send a message via AIM to InitialG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinklemazda View Post
So I have heard that it is a pain to install a cold air intake on a 2.2 setup. You have to remove the bumper? That sounds like ****. Have one on order, thinking about doing install DIY, the easy way. Any suggestions?

yeah, you have to remove the passenger side front grill. Well, you don't really have to but it makes things easier. I just installed mine(I have a 05 LS coupe) a couple days ago.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 09:06 PM
Contributor

wow i've had mine basically since i've owned my car and all i did was take the inner fender plastic half way off on the passenger side. never been easier pop out a few plastic snap rivets and take off a few front screws.

Mods:Exterior 5% tinted all around w/ eyebrow, SS/SC hi rise spoiler, SS/SC front bumper, BSA 17" wheels black w/ machined lip, Falken ze912 rubber, cross-driled slotted rotors. Engine AEM CAI, Bosch platinum +4 plugs, custom 2 1/4" catback w/ raceland muffler. Interior TSW short throw shifter, JDM 4-pt harnesses, CA harness bar, R-1 sport pedal, 10'' solo-baric L7
Soon to come: custom creation hood, lowering springs, hahn port fueller manifold, seats.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 01:29 AM
Banned

ya i typically remove the headlight, but im considering dropping fender well when i do myh injen CAI install.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 02:58 PM
Contributor

I thought it was pretty easy to do it that way. but i'm a little skitish when it comes to taking out the headlights.

Mods:Exterior 5% tinted all around w/ eyebrow, SS/SC hi rise spoiler, SS/SC front bumper, BSA 17" wheels black w/ machined lip, Falken ze912 rubber, cross-driled slotted rotors. Engine AEM CAI, Bosch platinum +4 plugs, custom 2 1/4" catback w/ raceland muffler. Interior TSW short throw shifter, JDM 4-pt harnesses, CA harness bar, R-1 sport pedal, 10'' solo-baric L7
Soon to come: custom creation hood, lowering springs, hahn port fueller manifold, seats.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 09:55 AM
Forum Regular

Garage
which is better injen or k&n
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 10:37 AM
XFE
Wootsauce!
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to XFE
Well i believe the easiest way to install a full CAI would either be. 1)remove the passenger side headlight(mine doesn't like to come out) or 2) remove the inner fender well on the passenger side. All that would be a few screws(can't remember the size) and a few pull rivets. That way you have access to install the lower Intake mount. I used option 2 when i took out the stock resonator.

In the case of Injen vrs K&N there are a few differences. The K&N is only a short ram intake. The Injen can be converted to either a short ram or a full CAI. they both have there advantages. Some like the short because you run less of a risk of sucking up water during heavy rains or driving through puddles. But with the full CAI you can purchase what is call a hydroshield to fit over the filter on the Injen that lessons the chance of water being sucked up the intake.

Last edited by XFE; 01-22-2009 at 10:40 AM.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 11:18 AM
Forum Regular

I am looking for a low cost but good cold air intake for a '06 LS sedan. Can someone let me know where to check.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 02:51 PM
Banned

if you want low budget make your own...

if not its going to run you near 200 or a lil over, i got my injen intake from ttr for like 225 then had them powdercoat it red so it was like a lil over 250.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode