Where can I get a flippin reflash? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Engine Mods Talk about Chevy Cobalt Engine Modifications here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Where can I get a flippin reflash?

I'm dying to know where can I get a reflash for my vehicle or an affordable reflash kit? I had some guy that worked at autozone hook up a Tech 2 scanner and told me my car is in limp mode because of my o2 sensor. Changed the o2 sensor with another OE sensor and I still got the same BS. I had a P0133, P0300 and P0420. No check engine light has came on my vehicle since its been changed. But my ****ing car is still in limp mode. I put a little more than a grand in my car trying to get it out, looked over every cubic inch under the hood, and now I'm at the conclusion that my ECU needs reflashed. I'm willing to bet $100 on it too. So if the dealers wont reflash, who will? I'm in northwest indiana, so there isn't any tuner shops. Or even better, where can I find a flash kit... thats affordable? Thanks in advance.

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LT
2.2L MPI DOHC

my balt gots alot of baggage, but for some reason I still love her.

So far I've had 15 Tickets, 4 Warnings / 3 years of driving.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 09:57 PM
Expert

A dealer will reflash. In fact, a dealer will fix the entire problem. If you have spent a grand already and haven't yet gone to a dealer I have to ask why not, that just seems ridiculous. You will probably not be able to find any "flash kit" or whatever. The only thing I could think of is either a Tech 2 (which won't reflash anything, its a diagnostic tool only) or an MDI module, which they probably won't sell to you since you aren't a service technician or in the auto service industry.

My turbo lag is your courtesy head start.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 10:09 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBaltSS View Post
If you have spent a grand already and haven't yet gone to a dealer I have to ask why not, that just seems ridiculous.
Arrogance really. I've been the only person to touch my car and I'd like to keep it that way. Second of all, dealerships make me paranoid. I think that they're going to rig it to break down in another 10k miles. But in a non-paranoid sense, they rip you off big time. They're only good when you gots a warranty. I called two dealerships and they say they arent allowed to reflash. Possibility may be they probably will reflash, but in addition will say for example my ignition module is bad when its not.

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LT
2.2L MPI DOHC

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 10:30 PM
Expert

That's alright I guess, but legal liability these days pretty much insures dealers won't intentionally screw up anything. I'm going to school for this as we speak. As a tech, not a lawyer, but we have to know some of this stuff too. GM service techs are held to a high standard, generally speaking. Even if you know nothing about cars, you are just as capable in court. They can't get away with anything if you're a pissed off customer. Plus, even though labor may be on the high side, I can almost guarantee it won't cost what you've already spent.

Also a side note (and I mean no offense), I understand you have always worked on your own cars, but do you really think you know better than the guy who works on them for a living, and recieves constant training to keep him up to date on an recent problems or concerns? My .02

My turbo lag is your courtesy head start.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 10:58 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Hey congratulations on the training. Its good to hear that kind of stuff. If I could be a tech, I would. Auto mechanics was my first choice for career center vocational school, but everyone wants that class, so I didn't win the raffle.
I know where you're coming from by mentioning the trained mechanics and how they make a living. Especially the way this economy is going, I see more people letting their late model cars run on hopes and dreams. But it isn't all just how expensive it is, I enjoy being able to work on my car. But GM (Ford & Chrysler also guilty of this) just about makes it impossible for a weekend mechanic anymore. Thats what pisses me off.

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LT
2.2L MPI DOHC

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-14-2008, 12:46 PM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by threedagreez View Post
I'm dying to know where can I get a reflash for my vehicle or an affordable reflash kit? I had some guy that worked at autozone hook up a Tech 2 scanner and told me my car is in limp mode because of my o2 sensor. Changed the o2 sensor with another OE sensor and I still got the same BS. I had a P0133, P0300 and P0420. No check engine light has came on my vehicle since its been changed. But my ****ing car is still in limp mode. I put a little more than a grand in my car trying to get it out, looked over every cubic inch under the hood, and now I'm at the conclusion that my ECU needs reflashed. I'm willing to bet $100 on it too. So if the dealers wont reflash, who will? I'm in northwest indiana, so there isn't any tuner shops. Or even better, where can I find a flash kit... thats affordable? Thanks in advance.
what is limp mode and also can anyone tell me somethin ive had an issue wit i had the headers put in no cat

and my check engine light came on i bought a new O2 sencer and when i hit about 80mph it came back on would i need a better O2 sencor or could it be the performance chip when i hooked it up to the computer it read bank 1 readin rich any ideas
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-14-2008, 06:25 PM
Banned

are they any community colleges in your area because you are in dier need of an english class.

From what i can understand, you are throwing a cel saying youre running too rich?

what performance chip are you using? jet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode