2007 Cobalt LT - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Engine Mods Talk about Chevy Cobalt Engine Modifications here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-23-2018, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

2007 Cobalt LT

I plan to get a 2007 cobalt LT/2.2l in a week. It's basically completely stock engine wise, but I plan to change that. I plan to get a 2.5" exhaust from zzp, possibly with a mid header and downpipe combo. I also want to supercharge it in the future, and I want to go in the performance route. Could I have suggestions, as I am just in the starting phases of my build? I'm also first getting a RKSport induction hood for it since the one that is on it is rusty. Everything else on it is fine, though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-23-2018, 06:16 PM
Contributor

#1 thing to do is improve the the suspension. I bet the 07 has at least 60k miles with stock brakes, shocks, & struts.....
You might first consider AC Deleon FE5 shocks on the rear and FE5 struts on thee front. Look for a FE5 front sway bar. While your putting on those struts, you would be wise to replace the Lower Control Arm bushing. One way is by replacing the stamped steel LCA with one of the forged aluminum LCA. These things alone will transform your Cobalt like you won’t believe. Might want to check and verify your front speakers are working. Then you can pipe in any engine sound you want by jus turning up the radio.

BC
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-23-2018, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

That's a good idea! Thanks for that. Also, how good would an engine and trans mount be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode