How to Depressurize Fuel Pump Before Disconnecting Fuel Filter - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Forum FAQ's and How-to's (READ FIRST) This is a forum for all members to use when they have questions about anything on the forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-25-2018, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

How to Depressurize Fuel Pump Before Disconnecting Fuel Filter

I followed this youtube tutorial pretty closely. Removed the large fuse for the fuel pump and turned engine on and then off before disconnecting one of the lines to the fuel filter. It still had a lot of pressure in it. Fuel would just go everywhere. Could the pump be direct connected to the battery or is something else going on here? I even went back and removed the smaller fuel pump fuse on the engine fuse box and tried it again. Same results.

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

Heres the tutorial since i forgot to post the link.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 11:30 AM
Contributor

You can also pull the fuel pump relay. Then when you crank the engine over, it should start for about a second, then stall. You're still going to spill fuel when you disconnect the fuel filter. Just point the lines up and they should be fine until you get the new fuel filter in place so you can reconnect them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode