Cobalt dies as soon as I hit the break when I start it. - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Forum FAQ's and How-to's (READ FIRST) This is a forum for all members to use when they have questions about anything on the forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 07:54 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Cobalt dies as soon as I hit the break when I start it.

I have a 2007 cobalt LT and have some electrical issues. When I go to start the car it starts and everything, but as soon as I backup and hit the break it dies out completely. I go to the back to reposition the negative cable and the car is no on Anti-theft mode and doesn’t want to give the engine a spark. Please help, dear forum. I keep having this problem and now my cobalt is stuck at the gas station 😔.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 08:34 AM
Expert

Garage
@Coby7 any ideas or diagrams to help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
Believe me, these cars have a habit of growing on their owners. Your feelings will only strengthen over time...
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 08:54 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthros View Post
@Coby7 any ideas or diagrams to help?

I am currently at work I had to leave it at the gas station. But as soon as I start it there is no check engine light that comes on when it is supposed to normally pop up when you start the car. It displays on the screen “power steering” other than that it won’t crank for nothing. It’s on anti theft mode and is a so hard to get it back on man.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 11:37 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

So I’ve figured bout the issue to my current problem every time the car turns off it will be completely on shut off mode. Reading only power steering on mu dash followed by no reading for the coolant , oil life, mpg, etc. I go to back where the battery usually is on these cars and they have a big red fuse reading 50. Dust it off plug it back it , it should crank now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode