How to repair temperature blend door shaft - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Forum FAQ's and How-to's (READ FIRST) This is a forum for all members to use when they have questions about anything on the forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
Prospect

Garage
How to repair temperature blend door shaft

In this how to, I'm going to show you what I did to fix my temperature blend door shaft after the actuator sheared it clean off. I do not take any credit for this because I only followed other guides on various different websites including this one, but there were no photos to reference so I'm doing everyone a favor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 10:03 AM Thread Starter
Prospect

Garage
This is the temperature blend door shaft that sheared off.

[/URL]

Last edited by ZRJO; 11-11-2019 at 10:09 AM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
Prospect

Garage
This is when I took the blend door lever over off, got a 3/4 inch aluminum tubing with an inner diameter of 1/2 inch from my local lowes and cut it to 40mm, a packet of jb weld epoxy (the original kind) super glued the sheared piece that was stuck in the actuator still to hold it in place while I went to town on the jb weld lol.

[/URL]

Also, make sure you sand the inside of the aluminum piece that you cut and then the shaft so the jb weld has something to "bite" on to. I used 80 grit sand paper.

Last edited by ZRJO; 11-11-2019 at 10:13 AM.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
Prospect

Garage
And this is with the blend door lever over back on and you can see the clearance is perfect, I tested it this morning and this sucker is never breaking again. I think GM should have reinforced this or something, because this is a very common problem on Cobalts, G5s HHRs and many other GM vehicles.

[/URL]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode