Lower carage back two bolts turn freely and can't drop it. - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Forum FAQ's and How-to's (READ FIRST) This is a forum for all members to use when they have questions about anything on the forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 02-23-2018, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Lower carage back two bolts turn freely and can't drop it.

I ran into this problem when trying to replace the clutch. I let someone else try to do the job because I had to work and didn't have the time. He said that he couldn't get the back two bolts to come out any slapped it back together and said here ya go. I got the job done w/o dropping the carage to get the trans off the motor and replacing the slave cylinder. Oh man, im making this to long...sry. My problem now is the lower control arm is loose and i can't get to the top bolt to hold it with any tool to tighten it up or take it off. Does anybody have any good tips? The wheel moves really bad. I'v replaced everything on that side to try and get the problem fixed before taking it to get the oil changed and asking them to look and see whats broke. I even went and bought the knuckle arm because i thought the tie rod bolt honed out the hole and that was the problem. Strut, wheel bearing hub, tie rod, cv axle and was going to buy the stabilizer arm but said that couldn't make the wheel move that bad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode