Haynes Cobalt Repair Manual FINALLY Available - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Install Guides/DIY Post any Chevy Cobalt Install Guides/DIY's here

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-04-2009, 08:09 AM Thread Starter
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Send a message via Yahoo to finnscobalt
Smile Haynes Cobalt Repair Manual FINALLY Available

Hey everybody, I have noticed many people asking about DIY's for normal routine maintenace stuff here. Haynes FINALLY came out with the repair manual for the Cobalt and G5. It is part number 38017, and your local parts stores should be able to order them for you. SOme of the ones near me FINALLY started to actually stock them. It also has basic wiring diagrams in the back
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-04-2009, 08:39 AM
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to Nubz
when wiring a new deck do i just match the wires with the new harness? or is there a different way?

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-04-2009, 09:02 AM Thread Starter

Do not know about the Cobalt wiring since the radio is tied into a few different systems. Maybe one of the more experienced people here could answer that one.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-04-2009, 09:23 AM
Veteran

I've had a haynes manual for about 2 years. lol

Repopulating yourcobalt.com one post at a time.

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-04-2009, 12:08 PM
Contributor

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to BryceL61
ive had mine for a while too lol
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-04-2009, 01:05 PM Thread Starter

Yes, I have had mine for a year, but I had to special order right from Haynes. Some of us are not lucky enough to live in an area that gets all the cool things first. And Autozone and Advance are the last ones to get things and it is a b$#ch to get them to order stuff.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-04-2009, 10:09 PM
Newcomer

I saw advertised along side the Haynes a Chilton...and was only a couple bucks more and usually they have more info.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 04:35 AM Thread Starter

If possible I usually buy both books, as one is stronger than the other is different aspects. One has better pics than the other, one descibes better than the other. In the past Chiltons never had wiring diagrams, they may have changed and started printing the wiring diagrams though.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 06:17 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubz View Post
when wiring a new deck do i just match the wires with the new harness? or is there a different way?
Usually, you just buy a wiring harness from Best Buy or whatever store and that will plug into the harness from your factory head unit. Then you match the wires to the new head unit (color for color). You'll need to hook up the red, black, and yellow for power, ground, etc. Then there will be 8 more wires to hook up (2 for each speaker). That should be all you need to do...unless you're running an amp, then it will be different.

I'm assuming this is what you were asking since you mentioned a new harness. I haven't done anything with the Cobalt stereo except upgrade from the base radio to an MP3/XM stock stereo.

Hopefully that helps and sorry to be off topic.

-Mike
|07' LS Sedan|Ultra Silver|Auto|MTX X Thunderlink|Debadged|35% Tint|Sportlines|Injen CAI|ARK Antenna|ARK STB| OTTP "Street" bar|Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position 205-60-15|Hawk PC pads|PowerSlot Slotted rotors|

Not installed yet: Pacesetter Header|Exhaust Depot DP|LSJ Cat-Back|Injen Hydroshield|MSR 045 18x8 Black w/ Red Pinstripe
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 08:32 AM
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to Nubz
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CobaltLS View Post
Usually, you just buy a wiring harness from Best Buy or whatever store and that will plug into the harness from your factory head unit. Then you match the wires to the new head unit (color for color). You'll need to hook up the red, black, and yellow for power, ground, etc. Then there will be 8 more wires to hook up (2 for each speaker). That should be all you need to do...unless you're running an amp, then it will be different.

I'm assuming this is what you were asking since you mentioned a new harness. I haven't done anything with the Cobalt stereo except upgrade from the base radio to an MP3/XM stock stereo.

Hopefully that helps and sorry to be off topic.
well best buy told me that i would have to pay 100 bucks for some harness that GM is making. so im selling my shit now. so i can get my exhaust cause id rather have that then some subs

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode