Review: Injen Air Intake - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Intakes Chevy Cobalt Intake Reviews

View Poll Results: Product Review
1/5 0 0%
2/5 0 0%
3/5 0 0%
4/5 3 50.00%
5/5 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
Admin

Garage
Review: Injen Air Intake

Manufacturer Part #:
SP7026 (2.0L SS)
SP7024 (2.2L)

Application: 05+ Chevy Cobalt (All Models)
MSRP: $329

Description:
Injen's latest SP series air intake systems are custom designed to make the most HP gain for top-end high-performance cars. The SP intake systems use Injen's new MR technology to optimize air fuel ratio. Because they are tuned and customized for each specific car, the Injen SP series blur the distinction between cold-air and short-ram intakes. In fact, an Injen SP series air intake can be either cold air or short ram air system, depending on what works best for a given car.

Each Injen SP air intake system is built from 6061, T-6 aluminum alloy to ensure high-strength, light weight, and corrosion resistance. The SP series intake system features TIG welded aluminum vacuum ports and brackets. The Injen SP air intake also includes a rubber vibra-mount used to relieve stress on the intake pipe from driving vibration. Each Injen air intake system comes with a replaceable Injen performance urethane air filter, stainless steel clamps, and all necessary hardware required for bolt-on installation.

All Injen air intake systems come with Injen's limited lifetime warranty.

Injen SP Series Air Intake System Product Summary:
- Intake piping made from lightweight T-6061 billet aluminum alloy for high-strength, light weight, and corrosion resistance
- Rubber vibra-mount used to relieve stress on intake pipe due to engine vibration
- Mandrel-bent pipe to reduce pipe wrinkles and maximize airflow
- TIG welded aluminum vacuum ports
- TIG welded brackets
- Stainless steel clamps
- Comes with Injen's replaceable performance urethane air filter with built-in velocity stack
- Comes with all necessary hardware components for installation
- Injen's limited lifetime warranty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 05:16 PM
Forum Regular

Pros: I love it
Cons: None

Summary: I just installed mine last week and i love it

2006 Cobalt LT 2.2 Coupe
Mods: 400 watt kicker amp, 2 10" mtx jackhammers, debadged, painted bowties, nite shaded tails, painted interior trim, fender stripes, tsudo exhaust, injen sp series intake
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 07:20 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to camopaint0707
Pros: Straight forward install, Sounds very nice
Cons: Not sure if air temps are lower, pipe gets hot

Summary:
I just installed mine today, took about 1.5 hours. I didn't remove the wheel or bumper. I just peeled back the wheel liner and splash guards underneath and dropped out that old intake. The installation was pretty straight forward, kind of hard to mess up. The maf fit i perfectly. I don't feel like it made the air any colder. I do have a scan gauge that tells me intake temps. The tube gets pretty hot. It does sound very nice though. Overall not bad.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 05:19 PM
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Pros: Easy SRI install, Sounds great
Cons: Stupid instructions

I love this intake. I kept mine as a SRI for a while because I was too lazy to take off the bumper...At least, the instructions told me to take off the bumper. I just removed the right headlight and the right headlight housing. Also had to peel back a little bit of the splash guards to remove the stock intake piece. Also, got a Hydro Shield to go with it...Just to make sure...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode