Bumper Covers Interchangeable? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Bumper Covers Interchangeable?

Hey guys, this is my first post. I recently bought a 09 Cobalt LS sedan with 50k miles. The front bumper cover is somewhat warped at the lip where the bottom of the headlights are supposed to rest, and I need to replace it so that the headlights don't point too far down to be effective.

My question is, are the bumper covers for all Cobalt years interchangeable? I've seen a bunch online that claim that you can use them on any Cobalt from the years 05-10 but I find it hard to believe that they'd all be totally identical. I'm trying not to spend an arm and a leg on this, aka I don't want to go to a chevy dealership or pay $100 for shipping alone.

This is the one that I am mainly interested in, but while the description says it fits my 09, the Amazon Garage feature says it isn't compatible:

https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-C...ords=GM1000733

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 01:28 PM
Say What again!
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Yes, they are interchangeable. Aside from some visual differences between the trims (and whether or not you have fog lights), all the mounting points are the same.

The SS bumpers clearly look the most different, some of the non-SS trims have molded-in lower grilles (like the one you posted), and others have black grill inserts (like my Cobalt has). They all mount the exact same way though.

1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z - Wrecked/Sold
1998 Chevrolet Cavalier - Wrecked/Donated
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - M62 Supercharger, Ported Throttle Body, 42 lb/hr Injectors, Intense 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger, SS/TC Exhaust, TTR Engine and Trans Mounts, Trifecta Tune, ZZP Header and Downpipe, '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, SSC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, SS/SC Front Swaybar, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, 18" MSR 045s, Dunlop ZIIs, Nightshaded Tails/Side Markers, Shorty Antenna, Black Bowties, Black Grilles, Black Headlights, Dual JL 12" w1v2 Subs, A/D/S Front/Rear Speakers, Pioneer 7" Touchscreen, G85 Recaros, Leather Rear Seats, 160 MPH Cluster.
2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel - 17" MSR 013s, Black Bowties, UR Rear Lower Bar
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - JVC Ribbon Tweeters, SEAS Mids, Pyle Woofers, Kenwood Tape Deck, Zapco Amp/Equilizer, Ceramic-Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
2017 Chevrolet Volt LT - Black Bowties
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode